9

He went down to his room, and set up an account on Discord - the group's preferred messaging app. He opted for the username "CindyTheMergirl" and used the link Lucy had sent him.

His friends greeted his arrival. Liam posted a meme quoting The Little Mermaid, captionied "The human world is a mess," in response to something someone had said before Danny arrived.

Augh. That was all too true. Funny, but true.

He unzipped the duffel bag at the side of his bed, and pulling aside a t-shirt to keep things hidden in a pinch, he saw his tail.

He'd need to find some way to discreetly dry it off. Talking to fellow tail-swimmers online, he'd found that most of them just hung them over the shower curtain or something, but he'd have to be careful if he did that. He'd figure it out.

Fellow tail swimmers. It thrilled him that he could now say he was one of them. He rezipped the bag shut, and laid back against his pillow.

He imagined for a moment that he was free of his worries, and that he was a mermaid, swimming through the water with his tail. He'd at first disliked the color of it, but now he'd grown rather fond of how it looked.

In his daydream, his friends were merfolk swimming around him. Liam showed off his amazing swimming acrobatics, weaving his way through a coral reef.

Danny audibly laughed, thinking of the image in his head. He just thought of himself as a mermaid, swimming around with his other mer-friends.

His daydream paused.

Danny hadn't thought much about it before, but why had he always thought of himself as a mermaid, rather than a merman?

He tried to reimagine the daydream with himself being a merman instead, free of his breasts. But things in the mind were hard to control, and they just kind of appeared in the daydream anyway.

His reddish-pink tail also just didn't feel like it was a good color for a merman - at least not for him.

Danny sank softly down in his bed, so he wasn't leaning against the wall. He imagined the daydream again, but this time, he kind of let his mind go where it took him.

He was swimming with his friends, and his was a mermaid with a pretty tail, a slighter lighter, more creamy shade of red than his real one. He had his breasts, but his mermaid self didn't seem to mind.

She was just enjoying swimming. She had a swimsuit top like the one that Danny had worn today, only more sparkling.

The thought developed further. It wasn't just a top. Mermaid Danny also had a short dress, extending over her tail. She also had her hair long, billowing out in the water around her.

Mermaid Danny giggled as she swam through the water, joyful at just her existence as a mermaid.

The fantasy faded from Danny's mind. He was imagining himself as a mermaid. A very girly one. One that enjoyed being who she was.

Danny felt very unsettled. Why was he thinking this? Did he.... did he want to be more girly?

He rested his hand on his bra, pressing it against his breast. He already felt very femminine. The hormone imbalance that caused his breasts had also kept his body from growing very large, and had given him wider hips.

He was a guy with a high pitched voice, long hair, and a strange fascination with mermaids.

But, a thought came, not strange at all for a girl.

Today had been a very strange day for him. But among all his anxiety, he'd been able to finally indulge in his mermaid desires without guilt.

Along with that, he had been able to forget that he was a boy with breasts. He'd been able to just be Cindy, a cheerful girl who liked pretending to be a mermaid. A girl who wasn't nearly as socially awkward. A girl who didn't have to worry about hiding who she was.

Danny picked up his phone, and looked at the picture that Lucy at taken of him.

He saw a grinning teenage girl, happy as a clam, a mermaid might say. But the face was his own. That was him smiling, that was him enjoying it.

Strange thoughts had been in his mind lately, but the ones that had just entered were getting progressively weird. He closed his photo gallery, and went on to YouTube.

He was really overwhelmed today with all that had happened, and he wasn't ready to start thinking such deep thoughts.

So he started watching videos. He laughed at the casual entertainment, taking a moment to just relax and not worry about anything. All the while, he tried to drown out the whispering daydreams in the recesses of his mind...