2- Jealous

"What are you doing?"

I stay on the floor, when I hear the same voice asking me with a concerned tone. I hear the footsteps getting closer until it reaches the chair. I hear the chair being dragged on the floor for a bit until the sound stops because the same person picked the chair from the floor.

My brown hair that reaches to my shoulders falls in front of my eyes. My hands are on my knees that now are raised up. I feel my eyes again shutting desperately from the tiredness. I shake my head, disappointed in myself for feeling tired, being weak.

I hear his steps getting closer and when he reaches to, I can hear the chair put down on the floor and his voice again.

"Love, are you ok?"

I feel the presence of a tall figure in front of me and completely ignore it. I hear the figure move, and between my hair that shuts most of my view I see that the person lowers himself, he's knees out and his weight shifts into an uncomfortable position. He tries to stay still as he can but it's hard since it's not the most comfortable way to be.

"Can you at least look at me?"

His voice sounds completely genuine and only because of that I raise my head to him.

Green eyes, short brown curly hair, sharp jaw.
White t-shirt, pink trousers, long black coat, black old school Vans shoes.
Hands full of rings thrown on his knees and a black sunglasses held by one of his hands.
Eyebrows raised in a question and eyes observing my look and searching for mines, patiently waiting for them to settle and look at him permanently and not alway looking to the complete other direction.
When my eyes settle on his, like a magnet, I can't push away.

"The chair upsets you? Do I need to burn it? Show him who's the boss?"

I raise my eyebrows and smile, I haven't smiled since Shawn left for a trip with my mum, she could take only one with her and I volunteered to stay home. Shawn deserves a vacation.

"Can you burn me instead?"

His expression changed back to a worried one. Eyebrows close to each other, furrowed.

"And why would I do that?"

My lips turn to a line and the corner of my mouth turns up for a second. I tend to do that when I don't want to answer something. He raises his eyebrows, implying me that he wants an answer.

"If you're willing to burn a poor innocent chair that upsets me, why won't you bring the real thing that makes me angry?"

He shakes his head and his face relaxes a bit.

"You're angry at yourself?"

I nod.

"I won't burn you, jail isn't for me darling. Do you mind telling me why are you angry at yourself?"

I shake my head, it's nothing really personal, I usually won't say but these beautiful eyes got the worst of me.

"I make mistakes all the time. I can't play the song right. Every time I try I swear I look down to see that I won't have mistakes on the same par-"

I won't finish the sentence cause I can't. His hand on my wrist and his voice is heard.

"You look down?"

I back my head away for a bit, my face changes with confusion.

"You don't need to look down, love, here I'll show you."

He stands up and looks down at me, he offers me his hand and I take it. I don't even know why. I don't know this guy, I don't know his name, he looks quite older than me and I'm here all alone, it's lunch break and nobody's gonna be in the music classroom until next period. But still. I'm in school, what's the worst that could happen. I shift my weight to him, and he pushes me up to my feet. I get a little jump from his force and I smile from it feeling like a child. The old times, the old me. He smiles back.