Chapter 9: Mitsuri Kanroji, The Love Pillar.

Sinja: Let's start with this my people!
Today's chapter will be something calm witha  surprise at the end.

___________________________________

After saying your goodbyes and thanking Rengoku for the last time you started going to where your crow (which named itself Okashī) was directing you. It made you pass the forest you were in the night before, and you remembered Mitsuri coming this way as well.
This made you feel confident that you will never get lost again.

The only problem now was that you were feeling lonely, with no one to talk to. Your crow would only yell at you when you had to change directions and the only surroundings were small houses full of rice fields surrounding them. You thought of what Shinobu told you about Mitsuri and how you could get her to like you, so you walked to two farmers who were picking rice and took off your mask showing your gentle (f/c) eyes and your now growing (f/c) hair which was messed up right now.

"Is there a way you could sell me a bag of rice? It doesn't have to be big." You gently asked. "...Of course, follow me" The farmer to the right said.
You quickly followed him to a small house where they kept and preserved most of what they harvested. He then filled a bag and gave it to you.
"Here" He said giving you a small extra. "I used to be a wanderer as well, so i know how hard it can be to get food sometimes" He gently added.

For this nice gesture you paid him more than what he asked for, even though the other extra was supposed to be free. Now you decided you could make her some Sakura Mochi or some Kozu Mochi, you were sure she'd like the surprise. "Hurry you fool, hurry, or you'll be late" You heard you crow Okashī yell from the skies, at this point you weren't surprised by the things that it could say to you.

While you were walking in the sun you were trying to figure out how to make your own breathing style that could fit your needs and fighting style.
"it's really hard to think of a way to create a variation of a major breathing form" You thought to yourself.

As time passed and you were all alone with your thoughts, you couldn't help but to remember everything you had, your parents, friends, the townspeople. Everything you knew was gone and always will be. Your head was in a battle between despair and determination to keep on going. On one side you felt as if nothing mattered anymore, on the other hand you now had Shinobu, the girls and every Pillar you've been meeting, as well as wanting to save the people who needed it.

You may be very strong physically but you were faltering mentally and you were disliking this a lot, you tried to maintain focused on the task at hand. Besides, you promised Shinobu as long as she wanted, you would never die.

To try to clear your head of all these thoughts you started reading Volume One of Flame Breathing Technique which Rengoku gave you. For now you tried to learn all you could theoretically but for hours you kept on reading the same line over and over again.

After staring at the book for a few minutes you stumbled upon a small tea house and inside you noticed Mitsuri eating happily with so many plates. You were very surprised, luckily you had your mask so your expression wasn't seen. But sensing her genuine happiness made you feel happy as well.

You calmly approached her to which she noticed you very quickly and excited patted the chair next to hers inviting you to sit with her, you did just that and took off your mask as a way to show her, your superior some respect.

"Oh my, (Y/n)-san is actually very attractive" Mitsuri thought to herself.
"I'm glad to see you're doing okay" She now shyly said. "Yes, yes I've been doing fine, what about you?" You asked in an awkward manner since you still felt weird with all the things going through your mind.