Part 10

As Shirou got out of the police car, Clara had already opened the front door, looking at him anxiously.

-"There you are! I was so worried! The news about the fight is at the tv!"Clara said, her voice slightly shaking.

The police car drove off and Shirou entered the house.

He looked around, trying to find something to say to the worried woman, who was expecting answers.

-"You didn't get a call from the Mayor?"He finally said after a minute of silence.

Clara's face "darkened", remembering the call from her old good friend earlier that day. She tried forgetting the fact that her guests were in trouble because of her own son doing stupid stuff.

-"I did."She said with one breath.

-"Then I guess the news at the tv were just a small part of what actually happened."

Clara nodded in agreement.

-"Is Michiru alright? Mayor Rose did not tell me much about her condition."

-"I just hope she will get through the week. The doctors put her in a technical coma to avoid any complications. But to properly answer your question, she is doing fine for now."

Clara could sence that Shirou seemed more nervous and more anxious, even if he had the same expression he always had on his face. His voice couldn't hide much now.

Silence followed for half an hour. Clara was preparing dinner for Shirou who appeared to be very hungry at the moment, until the tv show he watching at such late time, was suddenly interrupted by a serious old lady:

"We are interrupting our program for some breaking news......."

Shirou turned on the volume louder and Clara stopped making dinner to listen to the news.

"Just a few minutes ago, the police finally achieved the until now impossible, which was to catch the most dangerous assassin in Japan's underworld, known as Glitch. She committed many murders and some of them were brutal enough to believe that she wasn't just an easy person to catch. Her cases have been in the police and government's files for years now, as she somehow escaped from every attempt the police made. But today, with the help of a known detective, she was cought off guard at an alleyway not far from the Prime Minister's house. She was immediately arrested and she is now transfered to the police station, where she will be questioned and held until tomorrow morning when her trial will take place....."

The lady kept on talking about the subject, while on TV's screen was displayed an image of Glitch and some footage of journalists who were there when the assassin was arrested and when she was leaded into the police station.

Shirou turned off the tv immediately, as he didn't really care about that subject. Clara was already back on dinner making which a few moments later Shirou was eating slowly and thoughtful.

He glanced at Clara, who was tidying up the kitchen:

-"Aren't you worried?"

-"About what?"

-"Your son. He and Kaito are the only thing you didn't talk about since I came."

-"I don't want to about this right now. I just hope that they are both okay, wherever they are."

-"Won't you search for them?"

-"Enough. I said I don't want to talk about it."Clara calmly replied.

The rest of the night went on with silence and they both went to sleep. Though, they didn't really sleep. Shirou stayed awake, still feeling guilty of what happened to Michiru and Clara tried to process everything in her head repeatedly.