Chapter 17 🖤

You stood in the hallway staring down it covered in blood until the team pulled in minutes later. You were in shock and your ears were ringing from it.

"Y/N? Hey, come on let's get you cleaned up." JJ said leading you to a bathroom.

The entire team followed and went inside with you. You were still so confused and in shock but slowly came out of it and looked down at your hands and clothes which were soaked in blood.

"Oh my god" you dropped to the floor screaming.

"Hey, hey, look at me" Hotch said dropping to the floor next to you "he's going to be okay."

"Aaron...his fucking blood is all over me." You cried "my husbands blood is soaked into my clothes and on my hands. How the fuck do I believe he's going to be okay?"

"Y/N, come on you have to get cleaned off." JJ whispered.

She helped you up off the floor. Her and Emily both helped you wash the blood off of your hands.

"I'm going to go find you some clothes" Morgan said as he left the bathroom.

You watched as your husbands blood ran off your hands and down the sink, tears ran down your face.

A few minutes later Morgan came back with sweatpants and a sweat shirt from the gift shop. Him and Hotch stepped outside so you could change.

You slipped the blood clothes off of you and put the fresh clothes on. JJ put the bloody clothes in a bag and handed them out to Hotch.

"Okay, lets wash your hands and arms again just to be sure." Emily said.

"What if he dies" you whispered "What if I lose my husband? We just bought a house. We've been talking about kids. What if he fucking dies?"

"Y/N, I'm so sorry" Emily said hugging you.

The three of you walked out to Hotch and Morgan. A nurse then escorted you all to a private room to wait.

You sat in silence and noticed Hotch was really upset and you felt horrible. You stood up and walked over to sit beside him. He watched as you sat down but said nothing.

"I'm sorry Aaron" you cried as you laid your hand on his shoulder.

"Come here" he whispered and wrapped his arms around you "He's your husband, you don't need to be sorry."

You sat in his arms for hours and every so often you'd break down and cry.

Hours and hours went by of no one telling you what was going on. A nurse came in every so often to check on you and ask if you needed anything, but she knew nothing about Spencer. You weren't sure if she really didn't know or if it was just that bad and she couldn't say anything.

Eventually you fell asleep in Hotch's arms and slept for a while. He softly woke you when the doctor came in.

"Y/N, hey, the doctor his here." He whispered.

You immediately jumped up and looked at the doctor.

"Mrs. Reid?" He said.

"Yes, I'm Mrs. Reid. How is he?" You anxiously asked.

"He's our of surgery and he's stable. We removed the bullet completely and he will make a full recovery. He's a lucky man the bullet stopped less than an inch from his lung. He did lose a lot of blood so he is still knocked out, but he's in recovery. I will have a nurse escort you up to his room. Be patient with him, he will wake up he's just recovering." The doctor told you.

A sigh of relief filled the room.

"Thank you so much" you cried.

"Of course, but it wasn't all me. You saved his life by stopping the bleeding with your hands. I know it wasn't easy seeing your husband in that way, but you saved him." He smiled.