Chapter 20 🖤

⚠️: there is some spice so read at your own risk!
                                         ••••••

Hotch decided that the team had been through enough the past few weeks and stopped taking cases for the week to let everyone enjoy thanksgiving.

It was Thanksgiving Day and the plan was the same as every year, the team would meet at Rossi's for dinner.

Spencer was slowly starting to recover mentally from the past few weeks, this last week off he needed. You woke up early this morning to make him breakfast and coffee.

It was 9:30 when you finally heard Spencer walking around above you. You got up and poured his coffee so it was ready. A few minutes later he appeared.

"Hey, you usually get me up?" He said.

"I figured you could use the sleep" you smiled as you handed him breakfast.

"You didn't have to do all of this babe" he laughed.

"I wanted to" you smiled at him "So what time are we going to Rossi's for dinner?"

"He said be there by 5 last night"

"Okay, well I'm going to run upstairs and take a shower while you eat and then we can just hang out, okay?"

Spencer nodded and you kissed his cheek before going upstairs.

You quickly jumped in the shower and got out. You heard the bedroom door open.

"Spence?" You called, but you heard nothing.

You wrapped a towel around you and walked into the bedroom. Spencer was on the bed on the phone and he looked up at you giving you a soft smile.

"Mom" he mouthed to you and you smile.

"That's great Mom! I'm glad you're doing good today." He said to her "Yeah, she's here, hold on I'll put you one speaker."

He put the phone on speaker so you could talk.

"Hi Diana! Happy Thanksgiving!"

"Happy Thanksgiving! Y/N how has my son really been? He says he is feeling better but sometimes he tells me what I want to hear."

"He's doing a lot better. It's taking time but he's getting there. This week off has been good for him." You told her.

"Good. Well, I won't keep you guys any longer I'm sure you have some plans. We will talk soon! I love you both."

"We love you too, Mom." Spencer smiled and hung up the phone.

You walked over to the closet and put on comfy clothes before walking back out to Spencer.

"Everything okay, Spence?" You asked.

"I just wish she could be here"

"I know honey me too, maybe she can come for Christmas." You hugged him.

He nodded into you and hugged you back.

"Come on lets go hangout on the couch and watch a movie or something." You said pulling him off the bed.

The two of you walked down stairs and cuddled on the couch until it was time to get ready. Around 3:30 you both went upstairs to get ready. Spencer wore his normal simple suit like he wore to work and you decided on a simple black dress. You both were ready to go by 4:30 and you headed to Rossi's.

As you pulled out of the driveway you saw JJ, Will, and the boys pulling out. Spencer honked and you waved as you drove by. 20 minutes later you pulled into Rossi's and JJ pulled in behind you. You both got out and waiting on them.