Chapter 37 🖤

"Oh god, make it stop please" you were yelling in the back of this ambulance.

"Mrs. Reid, I know you're in pain we're trying to go as fast as we can. I need you to calm down the baby's heart rate is up and we need it to come down so you don't have a c section." The paramedic told you.

"Baby, calm down. Just breathe. You're going to be okay." Spencer was holding your hand and breathing with you.

"I'm still fucking pissed at you" you whispered.

"Y/N you're about to bring our child into the world you being mad can wait a few hours" Spencer laughed.

You closed your eyes and tried to control your breathing, after a while you felt the pain ease.

"There you go, good job. Keep breathing, the baby's heart rate is regulating."

You kept breathing and tired to focus on Spencer. You could tell he was upset but was trying his best to be strong for you. You felt bad for screaming at him because knowing him he thought this was his fault, going in there and stressing you out sent you into labor. That was true, but you didn't blame him.

By now he couldn't even look at you. He was just looking at your belly and trying to stay strong. You felt like the biggest bitch in the world. Here you are in fucking labor about to push your child out and it's suppose to be a magical time but you're pissed at your husband. You decided to just drop it until after she was here because you needed him. You wanted him to be happy. You rested your hand on his and he slowly looked up at you. You gave him a soft smile and he did the same.

You finally reached the hospital and they pulled you out. Spencer still was upset and he could barely speak.

"Dr. Reid who is your wife's OB so we can get them on the phone and down here."

"Uh Dr. Hill, I can call her if you'd like. We've been through a lot so she'll pick up when she sees it's me." Spencer said.

"That'd be great. We're taking her up to labor and delivery, it's the 4th floor when you're off the phone."

The rushed you off and you could see Spencer at the end of the hall on his phone and he started to sob. The team came in right behind him. You felt so bad. He was sobbing because you screamed at him and this was suppose to be a good day.

You pushed into an elevator and moved to the 4th floor.

"What do we have?" A nurse said rushing over.

"She's 39 weeks along. Shes an FBI agent and was just at the bank that was overtook by those four men. Her husband who is also an agent went inside so she was in extreme stress and panic which we think sent her into labor. The baby's heart rate did go up but through breathing it came back down. Her husband is calling her OB." The paramedic said.

"We've got her from here" the nurse said.

"Good luck, Mrs. Reid. Try to keep calm! Congratulations!" The paramedic called to you.

You were wheeled into a room and hooked up to a bunch of monitors and had an IV put in.

"How we feeling?" The nurse asked.

"Stressed" you laughed.

"I can't imagine how hard your job is and I know it's stressful especially today but try to relax so your baby girl can smoothly come down the birth canal. I am Cassie by the way and I'll be your nurse."

"Thank you Cassie." You smiled.

"Can I get you anything?" She asked.

"Can you find my husband? I was sort of a bitch and he's probably blaming himself right now." You said.