Chapter 19 🖤

Spencer has been in therapy for about a week and it's already helped him so much. His mood was better. Your relationship was back to being the way it always had been. You both were happy.

It was a week before Thanksgiving which everyone was super excited about. The holidays quickly became your favorite time of year since being with Spencer. You finally had family and were happy for once, so the holidays were special.

But before you had a break, you had a case thrown your way.

Everyone was already at the BAU this morning ready to go when it came in.

"We've got a case" Hotch announced walking out of his office.

The whole team stood up and walked into the round table room.

"Three women in Las Vegas were found this week in different parks. All three women were stabbed 45 times all over their body. Las Vegas police believe they are all related and by the looks of these pictures...they have to be." Garcia said.

When you heard Las Vegas you felt Spencer lay his hand on your thigh and squeeze. You turned and gave him a smile. His mom was there and this meant you'd finally get to see her since the wedding.

"These must be victims of opportunity because they don't follow a specific type. They're different races, hair color, build, and age." Morgan said.

"Reports say that each woman was missing for 24 hours. They never showed up for work and they never came home." Garcia said.

"Do they have anyone they live with?" Rossi asked.

"All of the women were single and lived alone, but I haven't looked to see if maybe they were on dating websites." Garcia responded.

"Alright everyone he has probably already abducted another woman so let's get moving. Wheels up in 20." Hotch said.

The entire team got up and quickly got their things before heading out.

When you got into the car you noticed Spencer's face which wasn't as happy as you expected.

"Spence? You okay?" You asked laying your hand on his knee.

"I just...I haven't got to see my mom since the wedding and in that time I almost relapsed, and now I have to go to Vegas and see her. She has no clue about any of it and I don't know I just feel guilty."

You saw as tears formed in his eyes and your heart broke.

"Hey, it's okay. Like you said she doesn't know anything so we can keep it that way."

"Y/N, she's going to tell me she's proud of me and I'm the perfect son. She'll ask how she got so lucky to have me and it's just not true. She wouldn't think that if she knew what I'd done."

"Spencer, stop doing this to yourself. You always tear yourself down. Have you made mistakes? Yes, but honey we're human and that's what we do. Even the great Dr. Reid. She knows you aren't perfect but to her you are. You're her only son. She is lucky to have you, we both are. You take care of us and are always there. So, no in the grand scheme of things you're not perfect, but to us? Someone can't possible be any more perfect." You smiled at him.

"Thank you baby" he smiled back.

You pulled in and quickly got out. When you reached the back of the car Spencer opened it but you stopped him before he grabbed anything. You wrapped your arms around him.

"It's going to be okay" you whispered.

He kissed your forehead and told you he knew. He grabbed both bags and you headed onto the jet.