Chapter 21 🖤

It's a week into December and you're ready to decorate your new home for Christmas. You'd been ordering decorations since you moved in. Spencer agreed to start decorating after the first week of December. The team had just gotten back from a pretty intense case the night before so you figured this would help lighten the mood.

"Baby" you heard Spencer whisper as he gentle shook you.

You slowly started to wake up and sat up.

"What time is it?" You asked

"Almost 11"

"Oh my gosh, you should've woke me Spence!"

"That case was pretty long and intense so I figured I'd let you sleep, but I didn't think you'd sleep this long you're usually up early. Is everything okay? Do you feel okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine I've just been super tired. I guess from work."  You responded

"Come on, lets get you something to eat and then we can start decorating."

He helped you up off the bed and you made your way downstairs. He fixed you something to eat and you sat at the kitchen counter eating.

"I have a surprise for you." He smiled.

"Oooh what's that?"

"It's for tonight"

You gave him a look.

"Not like that baby" he laughed "Where do you want to start? Do you want to hang lights around the inside of the house or do you want to do the tree?"

"I say we do the lights first because it will take the longest" you told him.

He ran out to the garage to grab all the lights you'd ordered while you finished up eating. After you were done eating the two of you started hanging the lights. You started at the front door by the steps. Spencer ran the lights up the railing of the stairs and then you moved to the living room. You started setting up the little kitchen decorations while he hung the lights on the fireplace. You moved to the living room with him and threw the festive pillows on the couch and the matching blankets. While Spencer pulled the tree in you hung the stockings and decorated the fireplace.

Spencer pulled the tree out of the box and the two of you finally got it out together and straightened out. Then you started decorating the tree. This took absolutely forever because this year you got a bigger tree since your living room was a lot bigger than at the apartment so that meant more ornaments. By the time you guys finished and cleaned up it was almost 4pm.

Your phone rang and you quickly answered when you saw it was Hotch.

"Hello?" You answered it.

"Hey Y/N I need you and Spencer to come down to fill out some paperwork about the case, preferably today."

"Okay, we can be there in about 30 minutes"

You hung up the phone and turned to Spencer.

"We have to go down to the BAU to fill out paperwork."

"Alright let's get ready and head down there."

The two of you got ready and quickly left. On the way there you started to feel car sick which was odd because you never got car sick. Maybe it was something you ate this morning or maybe it's because you woke up late you thought to yourself. You shook it off and tried not to show it. When you finally reached the BAU you quickly made it inside and grabbed some water to calm your stomach. You made your way to your desk and sat down. You felt so tired you could barely keep your eyes open.