Chapter 22 🖤

The last week and half at the BAU was busy as hell. You never caught a break which meant you were really exhausted now. Christmas was right around the corner which meant you'd have a small break coming soon, so you tried to hold on.

It was a cold December Thursday morning and  your and Spencer just pulled into the BAU. You quickly made your way inside because it was so cold. You made your way to the floor and greeted everyone as you walked in. You sat at your desk doing the normal stuff like filling out reports and making sure cases that were solved had all the appropriate information in them before filing them away. You saw Garcia hurry in to Hotch's office and then she quickly went to the round table room.

"We have a case" Hotch said as he walked out from his office.

Everyone got up and followed him I got he room.

"Go ahead Garcia" Hotch said.

"Alright my crime fighters, you are headed to New York City today. Four college students have been found dead on NYU's campus. All of the victims have had their tongue cut out, tape over their mouth and the word cheater on the tape. The cause of death varies, some were shot, some were beaten."

"Well the unsub has to be new to this if he doesn't have an established way of killing." Morgan said.

"Oh good looking just wait, there's more." Garcia said pointing to the screen "This is video that was posted by an anonymous user and through the schools data base, so there's no way to track it. It is graphic so prepare yourselves."

She played the video.

You saw one of the victims laying on the ground against the building and could hear another male voice yelling.

"Admit to what you did"

"I don't know what you're talking about"

"Yes you fucking do! This is your last chance, admit to it!"

"Please...I-I don't know-"

Before he could finish the unsub shot him.

"So in the unsubs eyes these victims have done something wrong." JJ said.

"Let's try to figure out what they did that was so wrong, wheels up in 20" Hotch said.

You all quickly gathered your things and made your way to the jet. You started your journey to NYC and talked more about the case.

"The unsub thinks they did something wrong but what?" Rossi said.

"Well they all have their tongues cut out and tape over their mouth with cheater written on it so maybe these victims cheated on significant others and the unsub caught them, so he tries to get them to confess to it." Emily said.

"Could be. The tongue could represent taking away their ability to talk and silence them from lying." You added.

Garcia called in and let the team know another body was just found.

"When we land JJ and Y/N will head to the latest crime scene. Morgan and Reid go into the university and talk to whoever is in charge. Get a list of their classes and interview anyone who was close to the victims. Dave and Emily I want you to interview the victims families. I will set up at local PD." Hotch said.

When the plane landed you and JJ hopped in a car and were on your way.

"I can't believe it's almost Christmas" JJ said

"Yeah, I know it's crazy. I'm excited though."

"How's it feel to have your own house and have it all decorated."