Chapter 30 🖤

Over the next few weeks you had to learn to control your anxiety and learn to live in a world where Josh was free. It was hard but you had to do it. Your baby depended on it. You had to move on and pray that he kept his word and stayed away. But would he?

You went to your weekly OB appointments to make sure your baby was growing and okay due to the stress you were under. You're about to be in your 12th week. Spencer and you decided to do the test to find out the gender of your baby to bring some joy to your lives. JJ would get the results and plan a small party to reveal the gender.

Spencer was still having quite a hard time coping with everything and was very over protective. You'd had a few cases the past few weeks and he made sure you were always safe. He never let you out of his sight. None of the team did.

Hotch continued to try and fix the situation but nothing was happening. The only way Josh would go back to jail is if he came after you.

"I'm sorry there's nothing I can do" Hotch told you.

"Look, it's fine, let's just get on with life. We're finding out the gender in a few days and then we can really start preparing for this little one. We don't know where Josh is and what he's doing, hopefully he's far away." You told him.

"Okay" he sighed "you're right"

Garcia walked in.

"Sir, we've got a case." She said.

"Let's go" he said.

You followed him and Garcia out of the room where he called for the rest of the team to head into the round table room. Everyone sat down and you looked at your case file as Garcia started.

"You are going to Helena Montana. Local police reported finding four women murdered in their homes over the last two weeks. Each was chocked with a cable." She said.

"Well he obviously has a type, they're all brown hair, light eyes, skinny, fit women." You said.

"Ah yes gorgeous they are indeed, all of these women were runners. They were apart of a running group and were very into fitness." She said.

"Maybe that's how he knew them" Rossi said.

"We've got a long flight ahead of us so wheels up in 20" Hotch said.

The team grabbed their things and headed toward the jet. You road with Spencer and Hotch for extra safety which is something they insisted on.

On the way there you stared out the window and remained silent.

"You alright back there?" Hotch asked.

"Yeah I'm okay, just tired." You smiled.

You reached the jet and got on quickly taking your seat. Spencer got on soon after and sat next to you. As the jet started to take off Spencer put his hand on your belly and you leaned against him.

The entire way there the team was pretty quiet. Everyone sat reading their files and occasionally bouncing ideas off of each other. You and Spencer sat reading over the file together.

"Why choke them with a cable?" You said.

"Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Most male unsubs don't choke female victims with other objects that aren't their hands. The cable makes me feel like the unsub wasn't in control and needed it to help gain it back." Spencer said.

"Or it's a female unsub. Think about it female unsubs often need something to help control their victims unlike males who have the physical strength all ready."

"Are you sure you're not the genius?" Spencer laughed.

"I've learned from the best" you smiled.