十四

"You almost slipped, stupid!" Ten said to Hendery. After what happened a while ago, the WayV members had a small meeting at Kun's room. They got kind of stressed with what happened. They really didn't want Renxiang to know, or else her life might be on the line considering that all her friends, plus the one she'll be with on Thursday are from the biggest mafia. 

"I'm sorry, okay?" Hendery said. 

"You know how she is when she's curious. She'll eventually find out, you know?" Xuxi said, continuing, "why not, we just tell the-" he was cut off by Kun's hands slamming on the small glass coffee table, making it crack a little. They jumped a bit, shocked at what Kun did.

"No. We're going to do our best to hide it from her. We all know her well, so we all know what she's gonna do. The best we can do's hide it." Kun said.

"But Renjun and Renxiang deserve to-"

"No. I won't risk their lives. I'd even sacrifice our friendship just to keep them alive." He finished. The others kept silent, not knowing what to say. Kun has already decided and they can't change his mind. The best thing they can do is obey his orders. Ten sighed, head filled up with thoughts of how Renxiang not know who they really are. 

"Taeyong needs to know this." Sicheng muttered. Shit, Kun thought. The leader nodded his head. 

"I'll call him as soon as possible tomorrow. But for now, let's just get some rest." 

They then heard a knock coming from the door. They suddenly realized, Renxiang.

☠︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

"Hey, Jun? You still awake?" Renxiang muttered while she was laying in bed under the covers. Her mind was filled with both necessary and unnecessary thoughts. It was already midnight and she still can't sleep. 

"No, I'm not." The twin replied. Renjun, too, was in the same state as his twin. Renxiang rolled her eyes at his reply, then faced the direction where his bed was.

"Do you think they're hiding something from us?" She asked. Renjun shrugged, really not knowing. 

"Maybe. They've been acting suspicious ever since Taeyong came." He said, now thoughts drifting to the topic they're having.

"Let's go detective!" Renxiang said, excited to the point she got up from bed and sat. Renjun did the same.

"No, we aren't. The boys already know we're curious. They know us well, Xiang. They'd know every step we take." Renjun, losing hope. Renxiang frowned, realizing that. She sighed, really wanting to know what's going on. 

"I'll be with Taeyong on Thursday. Maybe I can get something off him." Renxiang thought out loud.

"I think you're not gonna get anything from him, Xiang. He looks like a tough cookie to break." Renjun said, remembering how Taeyong looked like and his aura.  They then heard something like someone hitting something that came from the room next to theirs which was Kun's. Renxiang & Renjun then  looked at each other. Having the same thoughts, they quickly put on jackets to cover their sleeping clothes and went to Kun's room. They heard loud talking, Renxiang quick to knock but was then stopped by her twin. 

"Let's just listen to them for awhile." He whispered. Renxiang nodded, ears pressed on the door. They were kind of muffled, but they could hear some clearly too.             

"No. We're going to do our best to hide it from her. We all know her well, so we all know what she's gonna do. The best we can do's hide it." They heard someone say. 

"But Renjun and Renxiang deserve to-"

"No. I won't risk their lives. I'd even sacrifice our friendship just to keep them alive." He finished. What the hell?  She thought. A few more exchange of talks, they decided to knock. Yang Yang was the one to open the door. 

"What are you guys doing here?" Yang Yang asked, nicely.

"What do you guys plan on hiding from us? You guys know us well, we'll find out sooner or later. Might as well tell it now." Renxiang demanded. Kun was stressed of what's happening while the others were just silent.

"Kun, we're literally already 20. Do you really think we can't protect ours-"

"We're in a mafia." Sicheng finally said. All eyes were on him except for Kun, who's head was down.  

Renjun & Renxiang widened their eyes. It felt so unbelievable, Lucas in a mafia? But he's the softest human being, Renxiang thought.

Xiaojun only knows how to play games and he's in a mafia? Renjun thought.

So many thoughts were inside the twins head. When did they start? How did they get in? Do other people know about this?

"I know you guys have so many questions running through your minds, and both of you are adults already. How about we explain everything tomorrow, alright? For now, let's get some sleep." Ten said, walking to Renxiang, hugging her.  Renxiang was still deep in thoughts.