二十一

"We have a new recruit," Johnny started. He was now inside Taeyong's office, reporting that new got a new recruit, expanding their mafia more. Johnny gave him a folder full of information of the new recruit. 

"Jung Sungchan? Is he related to Jaehyun?" Taeyong asked while reading. The second-in-command shook his head, chuckling. Taeyong continued reading his information, seeing that he was seen through an underground boxing arena.

"I saw him last week when I visited the arena together with Jaehyun. He's got some potential so we invited him. Turns out he lives alone, getting money from bets and fighting. He's young, too." 

"When will he come here?"

"Is it okay if he comes tomorrow?" Taeyong nodded, dismissing Johnny after. He had tons of work to do, from uni to the mafia. He was thankful that he still isn't the CEO, or else he'd give up studying to do so. He massaged his temples, telling himself a mental note to go to the university tomorrow to ask some things to his professor regarding his thesis. Just one more year and you're done with masters, yong, He thought to himself.

A few more hours of doing the things he needed to do, he received a text from Renxiang.

Cherie
we're going back to china tonight. see you soon again, yong! thank you for eating out with me last time and saving my ass a few times haha :)

Taeyong smiled at the text, but felt kind of upset she'd go back to Beijing that night. Someone knocked on his door, Taeyong telling him to come in. Turns out it was Doyoung who brought him food.

"You didn't have to bring me food, Doie." he told his friend. Doyoung raised an eyebrow and placed the tray filled with food on his coffee table.

"Who told you it's for you?" it was Taeyong's time to raise his eyebrow. Doyoung chuckled.

"Kidding, here. Eat. The boys and I already ate, well, except for Jisung and Jaemin. They decided to work a little harder today."

"Tell the maids to prepare food for the two and invite them here so we can all eat together." Doyoung nodded, calling the maids through his earpiece that'll transmit to the kitchen.

He went to where Jaemin & Jisung were: the mission control room. The room was filled with computers here and there, making it look cool yet messy. Jaemin and Jisung were apart from each other, both of them doing research on their computers.

Doyoung knocked, but the boys didn't seem to mind.

"Boss wants you to eat with him now. He knows how you guys are working hard right now, go eat with him in his office." Jisung shook his head, too busy on his computer while Jaemin ignored him. Doyoung sighed. He knows they've been up all night studying, now doing their mafia jobs. The concerned hyung went to their front, slamming his hand on one table, getting the two's attention.

"You guys gotta eat. Right now. We're concerned about you, okay? So eat with Taeyong now." the two sighed and nodded, Jaemin taking off his earphones. Doyoung pat their heads, sighing.

"You're doing your jobs great. Trust me."

"Thanks, hyung. But why does Taeyong hyung want us to eat with him? We literally eat lunch at the mission control." Jisung said. Doyoung shurgged, "Maybe he's in a good mood." 

Doyoung knocked on Taeyong's office. The mafia boss letting them in. The food was already there, so all they needed to do was to eat. 

"Hi, boys. Decided to skip lunch because of work?" Taeyong asked the younger two. Jaemin nodded. 

"It isn't really a big deal, hyung. We kinda do it all the time." 

"Then join me whenever you guys do, okay? Especially you, maknae." Taeyong said, ruffling Jisung's hair.

"Hyung I'm already 19," Jisung said, puffing his cheeks. Taeyong chuckled at his gesture, making them sit down to eat with them. Doyoung was about to leave, but Taeyong invited him to eat with them. He shook his head, telling them he has work to do. 

"I need new information about the Nakamoto's, especially Yuta. Also, I need to look at the new kid." With the new information, Jaemin and Jisung asked who it was. 

"You guys are gonna meet him tomorrow. We'll also assess him tomorrow." The younger nodded, eating their food and enjoying. 

"By the way, did the WayV team go back to Beijing already?" Jaemin asked. Taeyong nodded, continuing to eat. 

"Renxiang noona and Renjun hyung went back already too?" Jisung then asked, Taeyong nodding again. Taeyong then grabbed his phone while they were all busy eating, replying back to Renxiang's text.

Taeyong
it's a pity i didn't get to introduce you to everyone. maybe next time when you guys get back here i will. stay safe to you and the boys, cherie. have a safe flight.

Lee Taeyong
always remember i'm one call away when you need something, alright?

Renxiang then saw his texts, almost instantly replying before the plane takes off. She was with Lucas right now, the boy sleeping beside her the moment they got inside the plane. 

Cherie 
i'll keep that in mind. see you when i see you, yong