Chapter 3: Cat or Dog person?

Josie trudged toward the Defence Against The Dart Arts class as she mentally prepared for her detention she would have to endure with the new professor, She was really not looking forward to it as this guy set of red flags all over the place. She knocked on the door to his office feeling very apprehensive about the whole situation. Professor Teripty opened the door and still had that creepy smile on his face like he had that morning.

"Hello Miss Diner, come in." He moved out the way so Josie could step into his office, she took a seat at the small desk that was set up for her and had a major moment of Déjà vu from when Umbridge had been her teacher. Luckily though, there were no blood quill's in sight. Josie sat down at the desk and got her quill out.

"You're going to be doing some line's for me today Miss Diner, You will right 'I will respect my elder's' until I tell you you may go, understand?" Josie nodded and began to write the lines over and over again. Everything was fine apart from the soreness in her hand until he put a hand on her shoulder. Josie's hand stopped writing and her other went straight for her wand. He got really close to her, so close she could feel his hot breath on her neck. It made her feel violently sick at the thought of him so close to her.

"I want you to know." He whispered lowly, "That you should never disrespect me or my views again, understand Miss Diner." While his hand on her shoulder gripped tightly so did Josie's only it was tightly wrapped around her wand ready to attack. She meekly nodded, fear filling her thoughts of what he could do to her, but then she remembered, she had faced scarier moments than this in her life, hell she had gone face to face with people like Bellatrix Lestrange, Antonin Dolohov and Voldemort himself. So regaining her confidence she shrugged Tribly's hand off her shoulder and held her head high. She could probably kill this man in a duel if she wanted to. He looked slightly taken back at the knew courage that had appeared in the girl, his face grew into a scowl and he quickly stood up fully.

"You can go now Miss Diner." Josie didn't think twice, she grabbed her stuff and as quick as a flash she bolted out the office and ran all the way to her common room. The other's were in there and when she ran in hastily and didn't spare them a look, they knew something was wrong.

Josie went up to her dorm and placed her stuff away, she sat on her bed and stared down at her wand, inspecting it with great detail. She wasn't crying, she wasn't scared but she was angry, angry that a man like that had been hired. It filled her with rage just knowing he was probably going to do something much worse during the year. The anger was flowing through her veins and she couldn't control how much she was shaking, like Harry, Josie could loose her head to anger quite quickly if you ticked her off. She tried to think of anything to calm her down in this moment but sadly she realised that is was always her friends that would cheer her up. Hermione would hug her and give comforting words, Ron would find some way to sneak some food from the kitchen for her, Luna and Ginny would give some good advise, Neville would be there and listen to her constant ranting and the twins would do something, anything, to make her laugh, Harry wouldn't be the best in these situations but he would most likely try and attack the person who made her feel this way which did make her feel a bit better most of the time, but now she was alone, alone in a time that wasn't her's. Completely overwhelmed by emotion's she stood up and kicked her chest full of clothes and yelled out, trying to get rid of the horrible feeling's she felt.

It was only when she looked up again that she noticed a certain purple bag lying on her bed, the same that matched Hermione's one, the same that seemed to be filled with memories. She snatched the bag in her hands and opened it up reaching deep inside, 'Thank god for undetectable Extension Charm's' she thought while searching for one thing in particular. Finally her finger tips brushed agains the soft leather book cover, she pulled it out and grasped it tightly in her hands. she put it on the side and quickly changed into comfy clothes, grabbed the book and her wand and headed back down to the common room. She didn't spare the marauder's or the girls a look even though they all tried to greet her in some way, she wasn't in the mood to talk to them and she had a date, with food. Josie had already eaten dinner but she was still hungry for comfort foods.