Chapter 24: Voldy On The Rise

Josie had forgotten how amazing the Hogwarts breakfast smelled on a Monday morning. School had began like it always did every year, and this was Josie's seventh year, her last year as a student before going out into a war riddled world, again. But for now she could just enjoy the moment she was in now, currently scoffing down the wonderful breakfast feast the house elves made for everyone, surrounded by her friends. A loud moan came from the right of where Josie was talking to Remus, they both turned to see Sirius, his eyes closed in ecstasy.

"Oh I forgot how amazing these house elves are at cooking." Josie rolled her eyes, laughing along with the rest of the group.

"Yep it really is great, but it would be even greater if Josie shared the extra's she gets from her little friends down in the kitchens." James quipped, subtly glaring at Josie in a joking demeanour.

"Sorry Bambi but these extra pancakes are mine." Josie stuffed a pancake into her mouth, chewing it slowly for affect. Peter laughed, chunks of chewed up bacon and hash browns spewing from his mouth. Josie scrunched her nose up in disgust.

"Worms where you raised in a barn? shut your pie hole while your eating." Sirius jabbed, sending a pitying look towards Marlene who was sitting opposite from the fair haired boy and had received his splutters of food across the face.

"Oh sorry your highness but not all of us where raised in a stuffy pureblood palace." Peter hit back, something flickered in Sirius's eyes, a sort of sadness hidden behind a veil of mischief, the sight didn't stay  long but it was long enough for Josie to see and send him a supportive smile, she knew from several Black siblings that the 'Pureblood Palace' was no place to be happy in. But as soon as the slouch in Sirius's shoulders came it left, leaving the playboy gremlin in it's place.

"It's not royalty it just good sense and manners Ratty, you should learn it." Sirius teased, throwing a cube of butter and Peter.

"Wow Sirius I didn't realise you where so well mannered and well... a Gentleman." Lily sounded genuinely surprised, Sirius turned to her and smirked playfully.

"Of course I'm a gentleman Lily, I'm hurt you'd think anything otherwise." Lily smiled.

"Huh and here I thought you where just James's lap dog." Sirius's face fell, mouth a gap like a fish out of water.

Josie chuckled and went back to eating, only to have something land on her head. The daily Prophet. She picked it up, unrolling it and scanning the first page, suddenly she wasn't so hungry for pancakes anymore.

"What is it Josie?" Peter asked. Josie let out a shaky breath.

"There have been two more attacks, both last night."

"What! let me see." James took the paper from Josie, scanning it over with a glossy gaze, he began to read it out for the rest of the group.

Dark Mark's Rising

Two families where attacked last night by the notorious group the 'Death Eaters' commanded by the Dark Lord. The Lapsgrab's Family where the first to be hunted by this dangerous group with their Son Rupert Lapsgrab, a well known man amongst the Department of Magical Transport, many say this is why they where targeted as his parents where muggles, very popular targets for the oppressor known as Lord Voldemort. Many of the neighbours in their quiet Village just south the centre of Grasmere say this.

'It was so quiet, I should have known something was up, silence is never good.' -Neil McKlien (A muggle shop owner who lived two doors down from the family.)

'It was around 11 when I heard the scream, I ran out to see a burning house and a horrible thing in the sky, it sent my blood running cold.' -Molly Kulligen (A woman close to the family who said she often fed their cat's when the family was away.)