Chapter 18: Its not Awkward

"Piss of Potter."

"But Love it's Christmas, time for love and joy and kissing under the mistletoe. I must say you are an excellent kisser."

"If you remind me of that dreaded moment of my life one more time I will make sure to shove that god forsaken plant so far up your arse you'd wish you'd never set foot in Gryffindor."

"Your fistey attitude only makes you more irresistible my love."

"Shut up!" Lily struggled to hide the blush forming on the apples of her cheeks. Josie watched the conversation take place from her seat next to Alice on the sofa of the Gryffindor common room, which had been decked in glorious decorations for Christmas once again. James had brought in a sprig of mistletoe and was currently trying to persuade Lily to kiss him again like last year, oblivious to the fact last year that Lily had been forced into the kiss because she couldn't move thanks to Josie's brilliant trick mistletoe she had learned from Fred and George. The countdown to Christmas was coming to a close in less than a week and the whole gang had stayed at Hogwarts this year, which was a good thing as practically all Gryffindors had gone home as well, minus a few stray 1st years the tower was theirs for the holidays. 

"Prongs maybe you should use some more of that special mistletoe Josie used last year." Sirius suggested bitterly, still annoyed about the situation he had been put in a few days ago.

"Stop being such a drama queen Sirius." Josie sighed, laughing at her friends dramatic nature.

"I will not Diner. I still have nightmares, I wake up in a cold sweat with that face still plastered in my mind." He shivered for effect and Peter laughed from where he sat playing chess with Frank Longbottom, Alice's loving boyfriend.

"Look mate I didn't enjoy kissing you either but no need to make me seem like some creature that crawled from the bottom of the black lake." Marlene snapped, her face flushing in embarrassment at the memory of having to kiss Sirius. "And anyway, I'm an excellent kisser, aren't I girls?"

"Yep."

"Definitely."

"Of course love." Alice added, winking in Marlene's direction for more affect. The boys stopped what they where doing, all looking at the girls with eyes as wide as saucers.

"W-What." Frank stuttered, looking at his girlfriend in utter disbelief. Marlene struggled to hold in her giggles so Lily took it upon herself to 'explain'.

"Marlene's a great kisser. Did you not know girls practice kissing  together?" Lily asked, speaking as if this was common knowledge to everyone. The truth was they hadn't actually practised kissing, but they weren't going to pass up the opportunity to mess with the boys, and it was very funny. James gulped while still starring at the redhead, completely befuddled. Remus had dropped his book and his eyes were darting from girl to girl while Frank and Peter sat there blushing furiously at the idea of the girls kissing, Sirius however just smirked.

"Thats hot." He said bluntly, earning a pillow to the face ("Ow watch it Diner") James's face began to mould into a state of pondering, it was the most his brain had worked in days as school was off he didn't see the need to actually think unless he was planning a prank. After a while of silence that seemed to cling to the walls James finally spoke what he had been thinking.

"Prove it."

"Excuse me?" Alice asked, definitely surprised at the request.

"You heard me, prove it. Kiss each other, otherwise i don't believe you." James folded his arms and stood taller than usual. The other boys eyes flicked from the girls who had crowded around the sofa Alice and Josie where sitting on and the arm chair that James had taken residence in, all watching as if it was the most intense movie they had ever seen. Marlene had stopped laughing silently and was now blushing bright red, Alice was spluttering over her words trying to give the excuse she had a boyfriend. Lily and Josie shared a look, one to say that if the other two backed out then they would carry the Gryffindor name.