Chapter 28: Painfull Past

The following weeks past unhelpfully quick and all Josie could do was study or eat, her N.E.W.T's were approaching fast and the jab of pain in her side did not leave her for months, January was filled with studying and trying to perfect occulmency, February the same only now more people seemed to want to study, meaning Josie was able to get away with sneaking off with Regulus and Narcissa more. Then March came, the pain in her side had not left but Josie did not care, it would go eventually, she'd already hexed Snape the first chance she got when she spotted him harassing a muggleborn with his death eater chums.

Josie woke up one morning, the pain in her side seemed to throb at her every move and she felt weaker than usual, the pain in her side was not the only problem though. On her arm she felt tingles as if a feather was constantly being brushed against it. Josie shrugged it off, ignoring her sluggish mood and every pain her body seemed to be giving her. She got dressed slowly and headed down to breakfast as all the beds in her dorm were empty and that was where Josie new her friends would be. She was right, finding all her friends exhausted from late night studying and sloppily eating their breakfast.

"The food goes in your mouth Alice." Josie laughed, even in her groggy mind she was more awake than her friends who looked like zombie's. Alice gave a groan and lazily grabbed for a napkin, wiping away the cereal around her face.

"How-are you not sleepy?!" James asked through a yawn, his glasses lay askew and Lily's head lay against his shoulder as the red-head dozed.

"Cause I'm used to studying late at night now, I've been doing it since September." James copied Alice by only groaning back before letting his head fall onto Lily's. The only person other than Josie who didn't seem that tiered was Remus, of course he looked sleepy and a bit ill form the full moon a few days ago but compared to the almost unconscious Sirius sitting next to him, he looked like a ray of sunshine. Although Josie couldn't help but think he always looked like that. Breakfast was mostly in silence as it seemed the whole of 7th year were on the brink of exhaustion. As the day continued and everyone headed to lessons -and Sirius had downed three coffee's- everyone was much more awake, now Josie looked the rough compared to the majority.

"What happened to 'I've been doing this since September' and all that Hmm Jose?" Marlene teased as the group of Gryffindor girls headed towards the library for a free period. Josie didn't answer, her body felt so stiff and achey. The tingle in her arm and turned to an irritating pang that made her itch and now her whole body felt weird, all most like her sense's were about to ignite. She wondered if this was because of Snape's wand, could he have put a very serious hex on her instead of just jabbing her? She tried to think of what was causing this and then something in her brain clicked, the pain in her arm, the new yet familiar feeling in her body that already repulsed her, and this was her 7th year, in March, she'd been in a certain Manor at this point in time in her past. She began to walk slower, taking a turn without the girls noticing and then she ran, heading for the one room she knew she would be safe from on-lookers and judgy students. The pain was gradually increasing at a slow speed now, but she knew it would soon peak. Her heart was beating fast trying to contain her tears to no avail. She sprinted into the hallway that would lead to where she needed to go but was stopped by four people she really didn't want to see at that moment.

"Hey Jose!" James yelled when he saw the girl get closer to them. At the sound of her name Remus turned around and spotted the honey comb blond running, instantly he knew something was wrong. Josie was now panting and gripping one of her arms, and if Remus squinted he could see her eye's glistening with tears. Josie kept running but her robes got in the way, sending her flying forwards onto the floor. She yelped and whimpered as she tried to stand up again, but putting pressure on her arm which was now throbbing only lead to her toppling back to the floor. Remus was the first by her side, helping her up to her feet, he made to reach for her arm, wanting to see what was wrong but the girl wretched her arm away and barged past the group, she really didn't want her boys seeing her like this.