Chapter 14: Reggie The Spy

The next few days was filled with lots of whining and complaining from Sirius and Josie resisting to strangle him. Sirius was not great at sitting in bed for a whole weekend so he spent the majority of it droning on about how 'he could be outside right now,'. So on Monday morning when Josie finally gave them the all clear to get out of bed Sirius practically flung himself down the stairs. They all went down to the great hall and saw the girls, who hadn't noticed them. Josie ran up to the three and greeted them before letting the boys say 'hello' but they barley got in a word when Lily went nuts.

"James! uh-I mean Boys! what on earth happened to you." The three girls looked ghostly pale, Josie didn't see why, the boys looked much better than they had on Saturday.

"Oh nothing to worry about Lily, just a few scrapes is all." James said just before wincing after sitting down on the bench. Lily sat there looking at James in complete disbelief, Josie didn't let the blush that was resting on her cheeks go unnoticed, however she soon became distracted by the Slytherin table where Regulus looked like he was about to cry. 

Josie tried to get his attention but he didn't see, he then got out of his seat and dashed out of the great hall, Josie waisted no time in following him.

"Guys I've just got to go do something, bye." She didn't look back, all she did was run after Regulus. She tried to keep up with the boy but it was no use, he always seemed to be miles ahead. Josie focused on where he was going and not tripping up when she noticed he dropped something, a piece of paper. She picked it up and when she looked to where she had last seen him, he was gone. Josie unfolded the paper and began to read, she knew it was wrong and it was his business but this was her best friend, she wasn't about to let him get hurt.

To Regulus Arcturus Black,

Dear cousin, I hope you are well, I am writing to you to inform you that your parents contacted me a couple days ago to confirm your loyalty to the dark lord. I must tell you that if you do not comply with your family's requests then you will suffer the consequences, like your dear brother. Do not fail us, and remember Toujours Pur.

~Bella xx

Josie felt her mouth go dry, this couldn't be happening now, Josie always knew that Regulus was going to work for Voldemort someday and she knew she could save him, but she thought he'd have more time, more time to be a child and be carefree, but life never seemed to be fair. Josie Quickly tried to think of where her friend would go, she could ask to use the map? No, the boys still didn't know she knew about that, maybe the girls would help her? No, they didn't know about her and Regulus's friendship and that was how Regulus wanted it. Josie racked her brain before realising Josie knew someone who could go anywhere in the castle, someone who she trusted. Kissey.

Josie ran straight for the kitchens, ignoring the fact she was suppose to be in class. She couldn't worry about things like her grade when her friend was in need, and anyways Josie had probably already done the lesson before. When she got to the painting she tickled it and burst through the door. Josie scanned the room for her little friend and spotted her over by one of the ovens, making some kind of cake batter.

"KISSEY!" Josie called out to which the little house elf turned and smiled. 

"Mistress Josie!" Kissey squeaked in return. "How are you today?" 

"Not good, I need your help, I need to find Regulus Black, It's important." Josie said between deep breaths, she really needed to work out more.

 "Of course Mistress Josie, but could Kissey know why first?" 

"I'm afraid we don't have time, I will explain later, I promise." Kissey nodded before apparating away, she came back 5 minutes later with a sad look in her eyes.