Chapter 8: The Black Sister's

Christmas came and left very quickly, it had been so much fun for Josie, spending time with Sirius and Remus was definitely one of her favourite memories here in the past. She did miss her other old and new friends, but what was most shocking was she missed Regulus the most, luckily they would all return to Hogwarts in a couple days for the school year to continue. Josie was currently walking down the steps of the girls dorm's to head to the great hall for lunch when she spotted Remus sitting by himself. She smiled and ignored the bubbly feeling that grew in her stomach as she watched the light of the fire dance across his face highlighting the scars that dotted his face, She walked over and lent on the chair he was sitting in.

"Hey Remus, you alright." Remus looked up at the girl and smiled brightly and nodded, he was reading one of the book's that Josie had gotten him for Christmas, it was about some Lion and a witch and wardrobe but it was still very interesting.

"Hey Josie, yeh I'm okay just reading." She nodded and responded "Cool." before taking the seat opposite him and pulling out her own book -The gift from Regulus- and began to read as well. 

Remus took this time to study her features more, even though he had done it for most of the holidays. The light of the fire cast a gorgeous glow of yellow's and oranges on her fair complexion, the same glow making her blue eye's pop more compared to the pale skin, it was only now that Remus noticed the light freckles that dotted the girls nose and he couldn't help but appreciate how her light honey comb hair fell in loose curls down her back. She was beautiful, and he hated it. He was angry, fuming, with himself, he knew it was only a small crush and he hoped it would go away with in the week but he still hated how quickly he had gained this stupid fancy towards the girl. How she talked and walked; the mischievous smirk that would pull at her lips when she knew they had pranked someone; the way her eye's would light up when talking about anything to do with magical creature's and caring for them; She was amazing, although he despised the fluttering of a million butterfly's in his stomach when she spoke to or sat next to him, he secretly loved it, and the way she made him feel, but no, he refused to admit it to anyone even himself, because she was too good for him and he was a monster. One could say this story was of beauty and the beast, only he thought this would never have a happy ending.

Remus only just then realised he was starring and quickly everted his eye's from her. Josie was completely unaware of the boy's wondering eye and continued to read about animagi and how to become one. She looked up to see Remus looking down at his book but obviously not reading anything as his eye's were not following a single word on the page, Josie lifted an eyebrow, wondering what was on his mind, thinking of an idea to distract him.

"Hey Remus, where's Sirius?" The girl asked, Remus looked up when he heard his name and had to swallow his mild jealousy and answered.

"He's still asleep, the lazy git." He mumbled the last bit but Josie still heard and laughed, causing him to smile. "Why?"

"Oh I was just wondering if maybe you wanted to do something?" Josie looked at Remus trying to read his face, preparing for him to say something like 'No' but his smile grew and he nodded.

"Sure, what do you want to do?" A devilish smirk took over the girls face and she rose from her seat. 

"I want to pull a prank." That was all Remus needed to hear before he was up out of his seat as well and nodding excitedly like a child on Christmas. They spent the next half an hour planning a prank on some random students, they finished and got everything ready.

"Wait," Remus said before they left the common room. "Don't you want to get Sirius?" Josie looked at Remus, confusion evident on her face.

"Why?"