Chapter 4: A New Hero

September faded into October and the more Josie spent time with the girls and marauders the more she felt at home, well as at home as she could for now. She spent lots of her free time in the kitchen with Kissey who had finally stopped calling her 'mistress' and just 'Josie'. It was the last week of October and Josie was on her way to her potions class with Remus when she heard something, a girl crying, Remus had noticed the sound as well -Wereolf powers could be useful- and they were now heading towards it. The two came across an empty hallway, The only two people in the hallway were a poor raveclaw 4th year and their DADA professor. The sight made both Remus and Josie sick to their stomache's. Tribley had the poor ravenclaw pinned to the wall trying to kiss her and touch her, the student was crying and trying to fight but everytime she did the guy smacked her and told her to 'Shut up'. Josie snapped out of the trance she seemed to be in first and grabbed her wand, she let her anger get the better of her. She aimed her wand, and yelled.

"STUPIFY!" The man went flying backwards and hit the ground, knocked out. she quickly pointed her wand at him again, "Immobulous!" making sure he couldn't move she turned to Remus who was still standing wide eyed at the scene.

"Remus! go get a teacher and madam Pomfrey. Now!" Remus snapped back to reality and nodded before running of to find a teacher. The Ravenclaw student was now on the floor crying, her head in her hands, her shoulders shaking as she cried. Josie went straight over to her and hugged the poor girl, trying to comfort her.

"Shhhhh, hey its okay, I wont let him hurt you." She hugged the girl tighter and listened to what the girl said between sobs.

"He...He said that....that he was g..g...gonna have so...so...so much fun...with me, I j...just couldn't.....i...I cried....I'm....s....sorry." The poor girl was traumatised and hysterical, Josie quickly grabbed her purple bag she now carried around all the time and began to look for a calming draught. She finally found one and gave it to the Raveclaw.

"Okay you need to calm down, I know it's hard but just breath. Can you tell me your name?" It took a moment for the effects of the potion to settle the girl down, she then was able to talk without sobbing uncontrolably.

"My name is Chloe." She was still crying and holding onto Josie, scared that if she let her go then she would be alone again. Josie looked in her purple bag again trying to find some chocolate to give the girl. "So Chloe could you tell me what happened?" Chloe was silent for a moment-apart from the small sniffles- then she nodded.

"I was walking to class when he came out of nowhere, he just grabbed me and shoved me against the wall and tried to kiss me, I cried out but he slapped me and I just cried." It was only now that Josie noticed that Chloe's lip was bleeding, probably from where he had hit her, as she did a quick healing spell. Footsteps echoed of the empty hall's as Remus, Madam Pomfrey, Mcgonagall and Dumbledore came into view. Madam Pomfrey went straight to Chloe.

"I have given her a calming draught and I healed her lip which was bleeding," Josie informed Pomfrey who nodded.

"Thank you dear, that was a very good idea giving her the calming draught." Pomfrey led Chloe away to the hospital wing so Josie joined Remus who was telling his story to the two professor's.

"-And we turned the corner and he had her pined against the wall and was trying to kiss her." Remus finished.

"Thank you for getting us Mr Lupin, you are free to go. Miss Diner could we please have a word." Dumbledore said in a calm matter of voice, however anyone could tell that he was indeed worried about the situation. Remus looked at Josie as if silently asking if she would be okay, she simply nodded with a reasuring smile and turned to the headmaster.

"Of course professor."

Remus left for class and Mcgonagall took the unconsious Tribley away, now it was just Dumbledore and Josie.