Chapter 19: Revealing Revelations and Confusing Confessions

Josie was exhausted. You would have thought that two weeks off of school would have refuelled her energy but it hadn't, seeing as it was her N.E.W.T year and she was re-taking lots of classes the teachers had been piling on the work load with a lot of homework. Josie had forgotten how stressful school was, seeing as she had been on the run looking for horcrux's during her 7th year she had much more pressing matters on her mind, and at the moment things weren't any better. Every morning owls would bring in copies of the daily prophet and somewhere in there would mention the rise of Voldemort's blood purists and death eaters, they hadn't attacked anyone yet but Josie knew what was coming, and so did two of her best friends.

"You need to be careful Josie. The world is changing and he-he's dangerous." Regulus had said to her when he returned from Christmas break, looking a little shell shocked in Josie's opinion. Narcissa had also alerted Josie about her family's involvement with Voldemort.

"Reg trust me, I know how dangerous he is." Josie said dryly, thinking back to all the trouble she and her friends had to go through because of the noseless prick. "How was your family during the holidays?" She asked, hoping to change the subject. Regulus's face portrayed exactly what he was thinking, he held a tight scowl on his face.

"Well apart from my aunt boasting about Cissa's engagement and my father talking fouly about Sirius they were absolutely and utterly terrible." 

"What did they do?"

"Bellatrix kept talking about how amazing The dark lord is and pestering me on when I would join his ranks. Honestly I think she has a thing for him in the way she talks about him." Josie couldn't hold in the snort of laughter, Regulus was probably right if how Bellatrix acted around Voldemort in her time was anything to go by.

"Gosh I really need to meet your family, they sound delightful." 

"You know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit right?"

"Well now you know why I'm not a Ravenclaw."

--------

Josie felt her brain melting, she was currently sitting in the middle of the room of requirement with Regulus-who was falling asleep- She was reading another book on Occulmency to try and better understand what the hell her and Regulus were suppose to be doing to actually learn it. It was very complicated and difficult to learn, but she knew they needed it. Maybe they could ask Dumbledore to help them, the man was the master after all. Josie began to zone out again, letting her mind wonder to all the thoughts her brain had been dying to think about when Josie forced it to focus, she was just thinking about how soft Remus's lips had been the night on the astronomy tower when she heard a loud thud and groan. 

"I'm so-Tired." Regulus yawned. "Can we call it a day?" He asked sleepily, peering out from his arms hopefully. Josie sighed and nodded.

"Yeh, you're right, theres no point in working anymore if we're too tired." Josie stretched her arms and rose from her seat pushing all her books into her bag and pulling Regulus up, he was half asleep so Josie thought it wise to walk him back to his common room.

"Shouldn't I be the one walking you to your common room? you know, because I'm the prefect here." Regulus mumbled as they approached the staircase leading to the dungeons.

"How many more times are you going to rub that in my face?"

"As much as I can before the title is taken away from me." He chuckled before Hugging Josie goodnight and heading down the stairs. Josie sighed and turned on her heel, heading up to Gryffindor tower. When she arrived there were only a few embers left in the fire and no one was out, so Josie headed up to her dorm to find the girls all still awake.