Chapter 7: Christmas

White snow and Mistletoe decorated the halls and walls of Hogwarts. It looked like something out of a dream, students packing to go home, Christmas tree's popping up here and there, it was magical. The White snow covered the ground like a thick layer of sound proofing, sadly this still could not silence the wrath of one angry Lily Evans.

"POTTER WHAT DID YOU DO!" was heard throughout the Gryffindor common room the morning everyone was suppose to go home -If they wanted to- and there in the doorway of the common room stood James Potter and Lily Evans, both looking equally confused or angry. Josie was smiling triumphantly hiding behind her book on the sofa.

"I swear Lily, I don't know whats going on." James and Lily were stuck, they couldn't move, there was a simple strand of Mistletoe above there heads and all their friends -apart from Josie- were gathered around them trying to figure out how to free them.

"Guys hurry up, we are gonna miss the train." James proclaimed, He was agitated and it wasn't because he was so close to Lily-He had been trying to get this close for years- no it was because He couldn't move, that was one of his worst fears not being able to walk.

"We are trying, all the charms I've used have failed so far." Alice said, the group all had their wands out and were trying to get rid of the blasted stuff above their friends heads, the group was silent for a moment, all coming up with ideas on how to free their friends, when something echoed through the silence. Giggles. They all turned their heads to Josie who had since put her book down and was now watching the scene with great amusement.

"Josie, do you have something to do with this?" Remus asked, his voice filled with wariness. Josie smiled and pulled herself up from the sofa.

"Why yes dear Moony, I do." her smile turned to a smirk as she looked at the two stuck under her enchanted mistletoe. "Its enchanted, I have put it there as a fun joke." Lily's face became red, and not from the cold.

"Well how do we get out from it, we're going to miss the train" Josie's smirk grew evil, out of all the people to get stuck they had to be the ones, it was brilliant.

"There is only one way to get out from the mistletoe, and that is the one thing you usually do under mistletoe." The group was a bit confused, but then Remus understood what needed to happen and he burst into uncontrollable fits of laugher, James was the next to catch on and a huge grin took place on his rosy face. James lent down and whispered what him and Lily had to do to her and she froze, Lily's face turned even redder but this time it wasn't from anger and Josie knew that.

"No, no, no, no, no, NO I am not doing that! Josie fix this please." Josie shook her head and lent towards Marlene, she whispered in her ear, asking to hold James's head still, Marlene smirked as she had also realised what had to be done. Josie went over to Lily while Marlene to James, they grabbed their friends face's and pushed them together, it was sloppy and terrible but it was a kiss, which meant the two were free to go. Lily was the first to run off, with Marlene and Alice in toe, while James was frozen in place, still not fully aware of what happened. James only moved when Peter dragged him out. Josie waved goodbye and went back to her place on the sofa, not realising two people we still in the room.

"That....Was.....BRILLIANT!" Sirius yelled, He had jumped over the back of the sofa and landed on the other side of it, Remus took the seat between the two.

"Indeed it was." Remus said with a proud smile on his face. Josie smiled back but then her face fell in confusion, 'why were they still here?'.

"Are you guys staying for Christmas?" The two marauders nodded.

"Yep, Why would I go home to a house full of people who hate me and think I'm a disgrace." Josie nodded remembering how awful Walburga Black's painting had been, the real thing was probably much worse.