Chapter 26: Hold My Butter Beer

The wind was cold and the streets of Hogsmead had been covered from head to toe in pristine snow. A group of 7th year Gryffindors walked the streets, huddling together for warmth as they made their way towards Honeydukes. Josie was at the front of the group, looking for ways to get away from everyone so she could go back to the castle and finish up her DADA work, but a certain werewolf had his arm wrapped around hers as if he knew her thoughts and was trying to stop her. Finally the group of eight got into the sweet shop, all separating into smaller groups to go look at the sweets. Josie made her way to the chocolate section, her true weakness in life was chocolate chip cookies but they only did those at the bakery so chocolate would have to do for now.

"What you gonna get?" Remus asked as he had also gone to the Chocolate section, he was eyeing up the many bars in front of him and smiling, Josie could have sworn she saw a bit of drool.

"Probably this one." She said as she reached out and grabbed a bar labeled 'cookie crunch'.

"Wow, 'A bar of cookie wrapped in chocolate and drizzled in caramel' sounds sickly sweet." He laughed, as he read out the chocolate bar's label. Josie smiled and shrugged, grabbing two more bars of the same one and turning to the boy.

"Well i like all things sweet don't I." She then made her way to the counter to pay for her treats. Once she payed she made her way over to Marlene and Alice who where waiting by the door, Alice seemed to be gushing over Frank again but Marlene wasn't listening, freckled blonde was too busy watching someone else. A girl standing by the gummy section, her smile was wide and showed off a set of pearly teeth, her dazzling blue eyes shone as she laughed at something her friend said. Josie guessed this was Dorcas Meadows at the way Marlene was gawking at the girl.

"Okay are we all ready to go?" Sirius asked as he strutted over to the three girls, Peter following him and Remus walking over next to Josie.

"I am." Alice smiled.

"Cool, but where is Lily and James?" Peter asked, the group looked around and noticed that their two friends had disappeared somewhere, Josie kept a straight face as to not give away the fact that the two love birds most likely had run off to have some time alone. However the group seemed pretty adamant of looking for them, so the honey comb blonde took things into her own hands.

"I think I saw James take Lily back to the castle, it looked like Lily had hurt her ankle." she smiled and hid her smirk, wanting to rub the fact that Remus and Sirius had lost the bet in the two boys faces but resisting.

"Oh okay, well then let's all go get a butterbeer." Marlene suggested, her eyes tearing away from Dorcas and Chloe and back to the group.

"Sounds like a plan." Alice's bubbly atmosphere leading the way to the pub.

-----

The group of now six found a table together and ordered their drinks, taking the time to relax and just chat about upcoming essay's and homework, local gossip and of course the looming war. Josie lifted her butterbeer to her lips, taking a long warm sip as she watched the room around her. Madam Rosmerta stood behind the bar, serving customers who all seemed quite entranced by her. The honey comb blonde's eyes then moved towards the windows looking out into the streets of Hogsmead, the cold temperature outside had caused the windows to freeze over, meaning the lights both outside and in shimmered in a magical sense. Josie turned back to the group and put her cup back against the wooden table, tuning in to Peter and Marlene's debate on whether history of magic or arithmancy was more boring. She giggled at the two when she felt a finger tip wipe the corner of her mouth, her eyes darted to catch Remus's gaze latched onto her mouth. His tongue was sticking out in concentration as he whipped the foamy moustache Josie had given herself away. Remus's looked up to notice Josie watching him and froze, coughing awkwardly and removing his hand from her face, the two love sick teens watched each other for a moment, both with flustered cheeks and embarrassed smiles, finally snapping out of their own little bubble when Sirius cleared his throat obnoxiously. Josie turned and noticed the groups conversation had ended and instead they were all looking at the two. She opened her mouth as to say something but was interrupted by yelling coming from the other side of the room. The groups eyes wandered over to the commotion only to be utterly shocked at the sight.