confession to rejection

Do.. I like Chara..? .. I don't know how to feel about them just yet.. but for some reason.. it feels like this is the right thing to do.
.
.
.
(Chara's POV)

"So.. does this mean we are together now?"

".."

"Frisk?"

"I'll think about it.. I'm just.. not sure how to respond to that.. we barely know each other"

"Right.. I apologise.. I don't know what came into me"

"There's no need to apologise.. like I said, I'll think about it"

They gave me a smile... But it felt like a dagger... Did I just get rejected? They said they would think about it.. so there's still hope.. I guess.

We continued our journey to get out of the underground and break the barrier.. but of course, because I'm such an idiot.. I couldn't help myself but flirt and do other things.. Seriously! That's Frisk's thing! not mine!

I tried to hold their hand.. the first two times they refused to give me their hand, by that time I was gonna give up until I felt someone's hand in mine.

"We are near the judgement hall"

"Yeah.. how do you feel?"

"Well.. I have nothing to worry about, how about you?"

"If I'm with you, I'll be fine"

"... Chara.. I said that I would think about it.."

" Well, you're holding my hand"

"That- you wouldn't stop trying to take my hand, what was I supposed to do?"

" Not give me your hand?"

".. Wow, I would of never thought of that"

" I know! I'm such a genius"

We both laughed at each other before passing through the door that led to the judgement hall

" Hey kiddos"

A familiar skeleton was in front of us

" I see you've gotten closer "

And after he said that, frisk stopped holding my hand. They looked embarrassed.. is it my fault?

"Just get to the point"

" Right.. well, to cut it short.. you haven't hurt anyone.. I'm sure you already know what LV and EXP means so I won't bother ya with em "

" So.. we can go now?"

" Yup, Good luck kiddos"

" Thank you sans"

We passed through and found ourselves in a throne room with lots of beautiful flowers.

"Hey Buttercup"

"Why did you call me that?"

" Because i think it's cute, do you not like it?"

"I- I mean.. sure.. it's nice I guess"

" Yay! Okay, from now on your nickname is buttercup"

"Alright"

Geez... If they're gonna Think about it then why are they giving me a nickname already!? .. a friendship nickname? Is that it..? .. what if I don't stand a chance.. I guess the only way to find out is to keep going and wait for their answer.