Chords of Conscience

The rays of the sun seeped through the translucent curtains, patterning Ananditas countenance. She desolately ogled at the daylight.

"Anandita, you're still laying on the bed, get up," Subhadra said as she entered with new garbs and garnishes.

Anandita sat straight on the bed fidgeting.
"I am here to help you get ready, bua and all must be arriving anytime soon now, dress yourself up, you are the bride after all" Subhadra squealed with joy.

"Hmm, didi when are the rituals commencing" Anandita deadpanned. "And what all is going to happen" she added trying to conceal her disinterest.

"Go freshen up, while dressing you up I will tell you everything, calm down I understand your excitement and you know what you should be, after all, you are going to get married" Subhadra added.

Anandita was a simple girl, and so was her outfit she wore a simple lehenga with a soft jewellery

"Anandita why do you look so vague" Subhadra enquired

"Ah! No Jiji am just nervous" Anandita smiled faintly.
"Jiji now tell me in detail about all the rituals" she added.

"Um! A..I Actually I " Subhadra was acting eerie.

"Jiji, what's wrong" Anandita placed a hand on her shoulder to comfort her, Subhadra looked up with embarrassment.

"Oh, God no! Not again, what did you mess up now" Anandita was sure with Subhadra's conventional look.

"Umm! I know nothing about the rituals either" Subhadra smiled awkwardly.
"Dasi" Nodding in disappointment, Anandita told Dasi to go call her Devaki Mata, informing her to leave everything and come to see her daughter at once.

"My Little one needs me and I'm here" Devaki beamed entering Ananditas chamber.

"Mata, you're such a saviour" Anandita hugged Devaki.
"For my little one, always" Devaki reciprocated.

Both the girls sat next to their mother, with their head resting on her lap.

"Maata, tell us the rituals of the wedding how is everything done," Anandita asked "Yea, so that Anandita doesn't mess up Maa" Subhadra added.

"No she won't, she's my daughter she can never mess anything up ever," Devaki said, she was too quick to conclude, she can't be blamed either for she hasn't seen the future.

"So now Kunti and her sons with Dushhala will be arriving and one day prior to the wedding day Maharaj Maharani their sons mahamahim Bhishma and Mahamantri vidur his wife and Gandharaj Shakuni will come," She said.

"Why is that Gandharaj coming," Subhadra mumbled.
"Bhadre, he is like a member of the family, calm down," Devaki said.

"First the Ganesh Pooja will take place tomorrow where the couple performs a long pooja for the vignharata, then garlands will be exchanged after a gap of a day, followed by the Haldi on the forenoon of the wedding day, and then the final wedding" Devaki explained.