five

the gryffindor common room always smelled like home

the gryffindor common room always smelled like home. from the squishy arm chairs, the radio, and the other gryffindors plotting against the slytherins. like i said before, home. 

i sat down in the one of the arm chairs beside the fire, taking in that gryffindor common room smell. i noticed the silvery blond head among the heads of the first years and familer faces. avery kent was holding the little box i seen back in august.  i also noticed white things in her ears. 

avery sat down across from me, her eyes focusing on me. beautiful, blue eyes piercing me. but then it hit me, every word i used to describe avery, it was probably the veela magic. but then again, avery didn't seem like the kind of witch who would use her magical creature nature to get boys. she seemed far from that behavior.

"what's that?" i asked, walking over and sitting on the spot next to her. 

avery looked up. "it's called a phone. but i shouldn't tell you, because this is '1993' not 2020." her answer confused me even more. 2020? was that a year? geez, thats a long time from now.

"what are you doing on your, 'phone?'" i asked, one more.

"ron, i'm listening to music. similar to the radio. and if you want to know what i'm listening to, it's called love note by chloe moriondo. would you like to hear?"

i nodded, confused on how i was suppost to hear a song without some sort of wire. avery put one of those white machines in my ear. and to my surprise, i heard the song. the singer was soft and nice. 

cause everything you do i adore

so maybe you could let me hold your hand real tight

and tell you why the sea reminds me of you

and then sleeping has never been so easy

though i wish that you could be nearit feels like i've fallen for you completelymaybe it's best that you can't be here

i blinked as the song came to a close. it was a love song. a cute and soft love song. 

"do you have more songs like that?" i whispered, looking at avery. her face contorted into a grin. she replied with an: "of course! i'd never think that ronald weasley would be a fan in love songs!"

i felt my face heat up with embarrasment. 

"here, this ones called lovesick boys by conan gray. he's a very good singer/song-writer. let's have a listen, shall we?" avery pressed the play icon. and the song started to pour into my left ear.

i was alone for a while

you came along and youasked me for a smileIiguess then the stars had aligneda flower bloomed, the clouds were rushing out of my mind

i watched avery, her features enhanced in the light of the fire. she was humming along, maybe she'd listened to this song before she showed it to me?

and that's how it goes in the films

tears of honeysuckle welling up in your eyes

a boy meets a girl, they go off to beat the world

and they both are left unsatisfied

"sounds like a very good film plot," i muttered. 

avery nodded. "nice to see someone agrees with me."

well, lovesick boys will write you love songs

and lovesick girls will always listen

but what you fail to see's there's plenty of us

so keep your petals pointing towards the sun

do lovesick boys really write love songs? and do lovesick girls really listen? so, if i were to write a lovesong would a lovesick girl listen?

and bloom

avery moved closer to me, which made my heart speed up.

"the connection to my phone is crappy. hopefully this doesn't bother you, ron."

i shook my head. it didn't. no anymore.

bloom

bloom

just bloom, just bloom

"this song is quite good," i told her.

"i know right. it really gives me some sad vibes."

you watch as he walks through the fields

crushing pretty daisies under his heavy heels

he picks you a big one

it withers in the sun

you notice that the flower is you

"it's sweet. ya know, ron. a love song that appeals to guys, gals, and our enby pals."

enby? what was that?

and I know that he has the charm

to sweep you off your feet and wrap you around his arm

but he hurts you like crazy

be loves you, well maybe

but you are so much better than you know that you are

cause lovesick boys will write you love songs

and lovesick girls will always listen

but what you fail to see's there's plenty of us

so keep your petals pointing towards the sun

avery's eyes wandered over to the fire. her fingers fiddling with the gold ring with her finger. i noticed that the ring had the cut out of a turtle on it. the other ring had the silhouette of the turtle. the rings were promise rings from the looks of it.

and bloom

who had owned the other ring?

bloom

did avery love them?

bloom

did that person die? if so how?

just bloom, just bloom, just bloom...