seven

i never thought some gryffindor scum, could be so, what's the word again? ah, yes, incredible

this girl was the center of attention. only being here for about the end of the summer holidays. why everyone was so entranced by her? even pansy's taken an interest in her? why? i couldn't tell you!

"you're stand on my foot," avery kent said, pointing to her foot. i flinched and removed it from hers.

"i'm draco malfoy. a pleasure i'm sure."

kent cracked a smile. it was beautiful. it really was. "well, it's a pleasure to meet you, mr. malfoy. i'm lady kent. but you can call me avery." she bowed a bit as we walked to potions. snape was for sure going to make us partner up with someone we didn't like. watch as i get put with, ugh, potter.

"lady kent? the, i am sir malfoy, of the malfoy family."

pansy walked over, her firm grip on my arm did not waver as we walked.

"pansy parkington," pansy said with this smile that was so odd, i made me feel uncomfortable.

"your hair!" kent gasped, looking at pansy. "it's-it's beautiful. from the color to the style. everything about it! just beautiful!" 

pansy flushed. her puggish face was red. she looked like a a strawberry.

"t-thank you! your hair is quite beautiful, aswell." 

kent's cheek flooded with color. then an arm appeared on kent's arm. that mudblood's arm on kent's arm, holding on just as tightly as pansy did to me. granger's brown eyes glaring me down. 

"what's wrong, granger? jealous that kent's better at spells than you?" i scoffed as kent's eyes flicked between granger and myself.

"are you, malfoy?" yelled potter, who was now walking over. that nasty blood traitor, weasley on his heals. couldn't the weasley's ever think for themselves?

kent moved her arm away fro hermione's and grumbled: "i don't need your help hermione. you made it very clear that you do not like my company." she shot me a look and walked in the potions classroom, a scowl on her face. 

"looks like you frightened your friend away granger. a pity. you need all the friends you can get." i said with a sneer on my face.

"are you sure you aren't speaking for yourself, malfoy?" potter retorted, his arms across his chest. his green eyes attempting to scare me. in his dreams.

"i'm quite sure, potter. though kent seemed quite upset with your mudblood friend over here." 

granger's cheeks turned pink, and pansy laughed.

"i don't see why kent would want to spend a minute with you, even if you are in the same house. maybe the sorting hat made a mistake. surely kent can't belong to a house full of mudbloods and blood traitors."

"surely, my ass," ron yelled, and was about to draw out his want if it weren't for ms noris rubbing her face on pansy's leg. warning everyone in the hall to stop or she'd get that idiot, filch.

we all walked into the room, sitting in our potions seats from the previous years. me next pansy, the blood traitor next to potter, and that idiot longbottem and the mudblood. kent was sitting next to a ravenclaw boy, who was giving her suggestive looks. the idiot was looking to get laid. pathetic! you don't even know the damn girl!

"now it seems all of you have lost your nerve for potions," snape began. "so allow me to enlighten you once more." he stalked everyone as they began to poor ingredients into their cheap cauldrons. "weasley, what are you doing?"

the blood traitor had dumped dumped half a bottle of mint sprigs into the cauldrons, like the idiot he is.

"um-"

"excactly, you don't know, do you? ten points from gryffindor!" 

i stared at kent, who was focused on her potion. the volubilis potion was a usless potion, in my opinion. why would anyone need a potion to turn your voice deeper? what do you want to sound like that forever?

"ah, the american transfer student, lets see what you have done." snape sniffed the potion. i don't know what the potion was supposed to smell like but i know kent had done it write because snape said nothing.

kent's face suddenly flashed one of the brightest smiles, i've ever seen. she was amazing.

"so this potion's going to turn you into the guy who does voiceovers for action movi-i mean, films? i guess that's not as lame as i thought it would be," i hear kent mumble underneath her breath.

"i suppose not." said the idiot ravenclaw who was trying to flirt with her.

"oh, and jake? i'm not interesting in guys who only want to get laid."

the look on the bloke's face made the rest of my day.