nine

did hermione not trust me?

i mean, why would she? i pop up from out of no where, make friends with her friends, and out preform her when i clearly stated i wasn't at all good at magic!?

the only reason i was at all good at potions is because it reminded me of baking. darien and i used to bake all the time. he loved making big over the top cakes, while i preferred cupcakes and cookies. he was always the chef out of the two of us.

his sister would always tell me that if darien couldn't get into law school, he'd become a chef. funny how things turn out.

i watched as hermione ran away from me. she probably's telling ron and harry about how i might've cheated during potions.

of all the people to experience this universe, it had to me. if this is god playing some cruel joke on me, i don't wanna play anymore. i wanna go home. i don't want to go through my third year of hogwarts, being hated by the most intelligent witch in my "year!"

"stupid, ruddy universe. if i could punch god, you best believe i'd throw hands with that mother fuc-" i looked up, to where fred and george weasley stood, stupid smiles on both their faces. "oh, hello there."

"we couldn't help but over hear-"

"-that you planed to as you said, 'throw hands' with god?"

i rolled my eyes, not in the mood. "look boys, love to stay and chat but i've got to figure out how to stop hermione from hating my gusts."

fred laughed, or at least i hoped it was fred. "really? teenage girls really still fight about that? simple just tell her that you want to be friends."

"what fred said," george agreed.

these two might not look like it, but they have good advice.

"that-might not be a crappy idea. thanks fred and george!"

"anytime, kent!" they yelled.

i took a deep breathe and ran. my bag of books banging against my leg. 

and if you're wondering where i got my books from, they were in a trunk against my bed. with clothing, books, and other things i'd need for a magical boarding school. cool, huh?

i needed to talk with hermione. but what was i going to tell her? i'm not working for the voldemort dude, i'm actually from a different universe all together. it's not 1993 for me, it's 2020. yeah, she'd totally believe me. hell, she'd never talk to me again. well done avery.

then something caught my eye. a door. had it been there before? i stopped running and stepped toward it. 

"if you came here to kill me, clap your hands," i yelled into the room. nothing clapped. i was all good. i noticed a mirror. why would a mirror be the only thing in this room? maybe this is where that dumbledore man checks out his robes, because the man looks fabulous.

i walked toward it, putting my hand on the rim. i saw myself in it. with another woman. she was beautiful. those brown eyes, her hair, those lips. who was she? did this mirror show the future? cool.

i turned on my heel, giving the mirror one last glance. i open the door and bolt. i walked past this corridor early in the day, to get to the washrooms. i most likely didn't notice it.

hermione granger, she's the best witch in our year. she is a natural when it comes to magic. and she has a pet cat, named crookshanks. i know ron's rat, uh, what's his name again? scrubbers? oh wait- scabbers! and she's fairly pretty, if i do say so myself. 

my phone doesn't even get service here, so i can't google what goes down in their third year. was there a dragon or something like that? i don't know. 

"hey, kent!" yelled a voice. i looked up it was the idiot ravenclaw from potions, jake moran. "wanna study with me later?"

"no thanks, jakie. i'm just going to go back to my common roo-"

"i'll go with you!" 

i shook my head. "no, you won't."

i rack my brain for a spell. there was a spell to stun. 

"stupefy!"

jake flew back and i ran. i was going to get in trouble. then again, i am not getting railed. nope, haha! then i saw scabbers fly by. i just wanted to talk with hermione, i really want to throw hands with the universe. ugh!

i arrived at the fat lady painting, out of breath. i leaned on the painting and suddenly without warning, hermione flew out from the painting. she grabbed my shoulders and sighed. 

"i'm sorry for acting rudely to you, avery. i might have been jealous. even though it sounds like cliche, i was. i didn't like how you became very good at magic, after you claimed you were clueless on how to wave a wand."

i blinked. "hermione granger, you don't need to apologize. your words may've hurt, but not as much as before. no one's at fault. and how 'bout we start over?" i extended my hand.

hermione looked at my hand, and then back to me. she was probably wondering if i was, how do they say that, pulling her leg. 

she took my hand and shook it. a smile on her face.

"thank god, i couldn't fight with you anymore. i don't want to be mad at the smartest witch in our year."