Chapter One - P.H

A gentle sigh escapes my lips as another man tries to get me to work at his horrid English school. I prop up my elbow onto the top of the chair, resting it as my hand dangles beside me. Allowing my body to relax as I cock up my eyebrow as the man sitting across from me continues rambling about how amazing this place is.

"Can you just get to the point?" I snarl, giving him an obvious signal that I was slowly starting to lose interest.

The male freezes in the position he was in before I interrupted him. Raising his eyebrows in slight shock before sitting up straight in his fancy brown cushioned chair.

"Right! Miss uh..." He trails off, struggling to remember what my name was.

"Azaria." I state, rolling my eyes slightly as he smiles gently at me.

"Miss Azaria," He calls out. I nod my head slightly, waiting for him to finish his sentence. "We have a spot just for you. We heard from a special someone that your English is amazing and very fluent." I raise my eyebrow at his words. "The amount payed per hour are nine dollars. The hours go from five to seven-"

"I think I'll pass." I interrupt while shaking my head. "but since your place is soo amazing, I'll recommend this place to some friends of mine." I say, standing up from the seat and walking towards the door. opening the big, wooden structure and walk out before peeking my head into the room. "Thanks for the opportunity though." I smile politely before leaving.

"Well?" My dad asks, standing up from the wooden bench beside the room I was just in.

I gently hold up my hand and shake my head. "It's not worth it. I'm sure this place is pretty nice, but the payment isn't worth it." A sigh escapes my thin lips, not knowing if I'll get a job that's better than my current one.

"Well, let's go home then." My dad sighs as well, scratching the top of his head as we begin to make our way towards the building exit.

Before pushing the double doors apart, an unfamiliar voice calls my dads name from slightly down the empty hallways.

My dad and I turn around to see a very tall man approach us.

"Namjoon!" My dad smiles, watching the young man closely as he politely bows in front of him.

"Mr. Park," The man exclaims, smiling brightly which causes a visible dimple to appear. "I didn't know you were coming."

"Yeah, they gave my daughter an opportunity but she declined I guess." My dad shrugs.

"Oh? What made you say no?" The tall man asks.

"The dude I had the interview with seemed hella cocky, plus, the payment wasn't that good." The neatly looking man standing in front of me nods his head. "I told him that I'd suggest this place to some friends of mine."

He continues to nod his head for a few more seconds before responding. "Well, I can understand that." He says followed by a soft chuckle. "But we're planning on making some books for some young kids so that they can learn how cool English is and how it can impact their life in a good way, that's why we're doing major hiring." He explains. "But sadly, no one thought about starting it themselves." He frowns slightly.

When those words escaped his full lips, an idea popped into my head. "I have a friend abroad that writes a lot, maybe I can talk to her about this." My words seem to comfort the man in front of me as he smiles brightly.

"Great! If she agrees, how long do you think she'll need?" He asks.

"What's the longest amount of time we can do?"

"A year?" He suggested, causing me to slightly scrunch up my face.

Knowing how the friend of mine always procrastinates, a year of making the book didn't sit comfortably with me.

"Does two years sound okay?" I ask as the man nods his head.

We continue to talk for a few minutes before saying our farewells and heading home.

-Time Skip-

I began to relax in my desk chair as I listened to the pending call ringtone on my laptop, waiting for my friend to answer.

Once the memorable sound stops, I realize that she had finally answered after a few seconds.

It stays silent for a while before we begin talking. She tells me what went on while I was gone, joking around in attempts to make me laugh.

"I dont know what I am anymore." She jokes after explaining what had happened.

"A bitch." I joke, looking up to see her dying of laughter. She clearly knew I was joking which causes me to smile.

"Anyway," She trails off after calming down. "How are you?" She asks, I slightly look away as an exhausted sigh escapes my lips.

"Well, the trails of not talking to my mom continues." I admit, slightly rolling my eyes.

"Geez, how long has it been now?" She asks, furrowing her eyebrows.

I hum for a few seconds, trying to remember when this whole thing started. "Maybe..Almost two months."

My response causes her to widen her eyes. "TWO MONTHS?!" She asked, shock filling up her vocal cords. I simply nod my head in response. "Jesus.." Was her only reply.

After telling her about my mom, I tell her the opportunity of making a book for young kids before we begin being our pervy selves.

"Even in a gang thing, you gotta use your nostrils."

"You want me to finger your nostrils?" I jokingly ask, raising my eyebrow as I listen to her die of laughter.

"NO!" She responded, laughing loudly while hiding her face with her hand.

"Well?! We were just talking about that earlier." I laugh, smiling wildly as I fall in different directions.

We continue to chat before she repetitively yawns. "Did you not sleep?" I ask, only to get a head shake no.

I sigh softly. "Go to sleep, bub."

"But what will you do?" She asks, eyes slightly open.

"I might go drink with some friends." I shrug, recieving a very sleepy head nod from the young girl.

"I know my limits, five shots, five beers." I smile, watching the girl on the other side of the call doze off as she sits on her bed.

"Get some sleep, bub." She nods her head before laying down and falling asleep.

I whisper a gentle 'goodnight' before ending the call and getting ready to leave.