Untitled Part

Buzz! buzz! there goes my alarm its 8:30am and the trucks are already parked out and my mom is packing ready for us to move. I wonder how will it be in seattle I've always been comfortable in my small town. I got up and entered my bathroom passing all my stuff packed away in boxes, sigh.

I took dads photo and kissed it. I miss you dad, its been 3 months now since he died mom have not been the same. I shoved his photo into my backpack and head straight to the bathroom. I showered and washed my dark silk hair and wrapped it in a bun, slipped on some sweat pants and a sweater and head downstairs.

"Lizzy! Lizzy!" my mom shouted from outside, I went out to her. " Did you pack everything you needed in your back pack? the movers will be taking out your stuff now"

" yes mom". she held my hands as we stood directly infront of the house. " I'm gonna miss it here, this is where it all began Lizzy" she said. I can see the tears coming up in her eyes, "mom its ok don't cry everything will be ok" I said hugging her, trying not to cry.

" Ms. taylor, I think that's everything" the head mover said. we said out last goodbye to our home and off we went to seattle. it was a long ride, we stopped for food and gas on the way. I took one of my favourite books from my bag " Pride and prejudice" of course, to keep me occupied while on the journey. The bright sun light from the car window woke me up. " whoa, when did I fall asleep mom? sorry, i was reading for a second and that was it. " its ok honey, i know your exhausted" she said rubbing her hands over mine.

The city sky is dark but a bit of sun light shining through the grey clouds, the buildings are tall and very modern. The city is filled with people up and down dressed for the cool weather. never in my life i would have imagined moving out of my little town into this big city " here we are honey"mom said with a gulp in her voice as if she's about to cry.

" mom is everything ok?'

" yes honey, i'm just a bit emotional you know. your dad should have been here"

' I know mom, i miss him too. its gonna be ok we have each other", i wipe the tears from her eyes.

We drove for a few more minutes and entered a housing community. All the the houses look the same but some are bigger, The streets are clean and the grasses on each lawn looks highly maintained. Children playing up and down but the place is still quiet. We drove up into a garage and I knew this was it.

" This is it Lizzy" mom said.

I saw how excited she got. My heart was at ease, its the happiest I've seen mom since.