Chapter 1

"I don't want to." I tell Jeremy. "Then get out.." He says emotionless.

He's been laying on the bed for an hour trying to get me to have sex with him. I grab a bag throw all of my stuff in it. He's already beat me twice today. I run out the front door with two bags of stuff. I go down to my old house. It's in my aunts name and she pays the bills. She lives like 10 minutes away and she knows about my parents death. She knows its hard for me to pay bills.

It's 3:49AM. I walk into my old bedroom and put some blue jeans on and a black t-shirt. I grab my phone and walk out the doors. I walk down the old streets and down to the cafe. "Anne, I need my dress." I say as I walk up to one of my friends. "Yeah sure, it's in the back." She says. "Thanks, Anne." I say as I walk to the back. Once I get to the back I see a yellow and white checkered dress and a white apron.

I go the the change room and change before coming out and lying my clothes under the table. I grab a note pad and pencil. I hate these dresses because they show my arms with hand prints around them and bruises on my legs. I walk to the front and Anne walks up to me. "Still not calling the police I see.." She says. "Nope I walked out on him this morning. He tried to take the only thing I have left. Guess what that is." I say sarcastically. Anne is the only other person who knows about Jeremy and the abuse.

"Oooh you're a virgin.." She says while bumping me on the hip. We laugh and a few people start coming in. "I should go.." I say as I walk over to the tables of people. I take their orders and take them back to the kitchen. Mr. Mikaels walks through the front door and I jog over to him and hold his arm to help him to his table. "Thanks dear." He says. "You're welcome...." I say. Mr. Mikaels knows a little about the abuse too. He comes here everyday and he's seen me on my worse days. Some days I break down and he comes to the kitchen and gives me a hug. Mr. Mikaels knows more than he tells anyone. "You're regular?" I ask.

"Yes, dear." He says. I write down his order of water, sausage, scrambled eggs, and 2 pancakes. "Still with lover boy?" He asks. "Yeah....." I say. I walk to the kitchen and grab his plate and bring it to him. As I go to walk away from Mr. Mikaels, I see the most handsome man walk through the door. He takes a seat beside Mr. Mikaels booth and I walk over to him.

"Hi, I'm Kayla. What can I start you off with today?" I ask. "I just need a water." He says. I nod and walk down to the kitchen and get a cup with ice and water. I serve it to the guy and walk back behind the counter to Anne. "Oh my god. That guy is so hot..." She whispers to me. "I've gave up on love." I say. "Speaking of love..." She nods to the door and Jeremy walks in.

"Shit!" I turn and go in the kitchen. I hear some yelling and Jeremy storms in the kitchen and grabs my arm and starts pulling me out. I don't pull back because I know if he has to, he'll rip my arm off. I stare at the ground and walk with him. He has a death grip on my arm. Suddenly we stop and I bump into him and he turns around and I know I messed up. "So now you want to touch me? Huh?" He yells through clenched teeth.

"N-no." I stutter quietly. He shoves me to the ground and walks towards the door. "If you're not at my house by 10:00, I'll kill you." He yells before walking out. It's completely silent in the cafe. I sigh and stand up and walk to Anne. It's already 9:30. "Do you mind if I leave early?" I ask. "Please.. just call the police. I can't stand you being in this situation." She says and I sigh. "It's a lot, but I'm gonna get out of it soon. I'll be back this afternoon if I can." I say and walk to the back.

I grab my clothes and change. I walk out and grab my phone and see he's texted me twice. I jog to the front and hug Anne. I start walking to the door and Mr. Mikaels grabs my arm. "Don't go to him. You know what he'll do.." Mr. Mikaels says. "I have to. If he's not a complete psycho, I'll be back." I say while hugging Mr. Mikaels.

"Be careful hun." He says. "I'll do my best.." I say and I stand up and see the hot guy looking at me. I jog out of the cafe and run as fast as I can to his house. It's already 9:50. I make it to his house and I walk in and he grabs my arm and shoves me into a wall. "Worthless whore. Can't give me what I want, and then you go and show off your body to some dumbasses who can't keep their eyes off of you. You're mine and you'll always be mine." He says. He punched my chest, knocking the air out of me.

"You're gonna make me kill you one day, and I don't want that for you." He spits. His fingers dig into my arm as he gets even more mad. "Now go back to work. I need you're money..." He says. I stand up and give him a kiss on the lips, how he makes me do every day, and I walk out the door.

I look at where the new bruises have formed on my arms. I get to the cafe and when I walk in, Mr. Mikaels is still here and so is the hot guy. Anne runs up to me and hands me a warm washcloth. I go behind the counters and wipe myself down, hoping to get the disgusting feeling off of me.. even though it never works. "I'm gonna go change" I mumble.

I change and when I come back the hot guy is standing up. "You big babies. God knows how long this was going on and none of you did anything. I've already called the police. They are on their way right now." The man yells and I run out of the cafe. He's going to kill me, thinking I did it.