Chapter 7

The week goes by quickly with cheesy dates with Travis and now it's time to go back to work. I get dressed. I still don't know where Travis really works but I'll find out at some point. I brush my hair and throw it into a messy bun.

I grab my phone and start walking down to the cafe. I need to call Aunt Kate. I haven't heard from her in a while. I keep walking. I walk in and Anne is already started. "Hey, how are you doing?" I say. "It's getting better. Are you ready for tomorrow?" She asks. "Whats tomorrow?" I ask. "The funeral." She says.

"They waited a week?" I ask. "They were trying to find family members who wanted him buried." She says. "Oh." I say. "Yeah, I guess I'll be there." I say.  

After a long day, I'm locking up. I hear a scream from the allie beside our cafe. I've heard screams and it was kids playing jokes or bullying. I sigh and walk towards the allie and I hear a familiar voice. Travis? I walk and quietly peek from the corner. Oh my god.

Travis is standing over a man with a gun to his head. "7 FUCKING CASES! WHERE ARE THEY?" Travis yells. All of his friends are standing around him. "I told you! I don't know!" The man says. "I've gave you plenty of chances, if youre not gonna tell the truth....... I'll kill you." Travis says.

I try to run but my feet are glued to the ground. "YOU'VE GOT FIVE FUCKING SECONDS TO TELL ME!" Travis yells. "5.. 4.. 3.. 2.-" As the man begs for his life, one of his friends spot me. "Tra-" He's cut off. "1." POW! He shoots the man in the head.

His friend points at me and Travis turns around and a look of regret flushes his face. I take off running towards my house. I hear Travis yelling for me and all of them running after me. I quickly unlock the door and run in and shut it. I don't think to lock it. I run to the kitchen and grab a knife and stand in a corner. I hear the door open and slow footsteps.

"Kayla, I'm gonna come in the kitchen and put the gun down. I'd never hurt you. Okay?" He asks. I don't answer and he comes in and sits the gun on the counter. He raises his hands and slowly walks towards me.

He stops a few feet from me. "I'm not gonna hurt you. Put the knife down." He says. My hands are shaking. He puts his hand out to take the knife from me. I flinch and almost cut him. He slowly grabs the knife from me and sits it on the counter by the gun.

After standing there for a minute, I hug him. I needed a hug after all the shit I've been through this month. He strokes my hair and I hold on to him like he's gonna disappear any second. After standing there for a few minutes, I decide to talk. "Why would you do that?" My voice cracks halfway through.

"I had to. I didn't like it, but I had to." He says. I sniffle. "What did he do to you?" I ask. "He stole from me." He says. I decide not to ask anymore questions and try to think about something else. "Mr. Mikaels funeral is tomorrow. I don't think I can do it." I say. "It'll be okay." He says.

"Can you go with me?" I ask. "Of course." He says. I hug him tighter and he picks me up and carries me to my room and lays me down. "It's 9 tomorrow." I say referring to the funeral. He nods. "I'll be here at 8." He says. I let my eyes shut and right before I doze off I hear an "I love you."