Chapter 13

Travis and I get in his car and he drives down to McDonald's. I eat a meal and drink 2 waters. As Travis drives us back, we listen to some music. He quietly hums and when I'm your's by Jason Mraz comes on, his facial expression changes to an excitedly happy face. Before I realize whats going on, he starts singing.

Well you done done me and you bet I felt it. I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted. I fell right through the cracks and now I'm trying to get back.

I stare at him with my mouth open and my eyes widened. He doesn't take his eyes off the road.

 Before the cool done run out I'll be giving it my best-est and nothings gonna stop me but divine intervention. I reckon it's my turn. To win some or learn some. But I won't hesitate no more, no more. I'm your's.

 I can't believe my ears. His voice sounds more angelic than normal if that's possible. Holy cow. I couldn't do anything that would compare to this.

Well open up your mind and see like me. Open up you're plans and damn you're free. Open up you're heart and you'll find love, love love. Listen to the music of the moment people dance and sing. We're just one big family and it's our God-Forsaken right to be loved, loved, loved, loved, loved. 

I don't know how long I've been listening to him but I seriously can't express how angelic his voice is.

So I won't hesitate no more, no more. It cannot wait I'm sure. There's no need to complicate. Our time is short. This is our fate, I'm your's. I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror and bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer but my breath fogged up the glass. And so I drew a face and I laughed. I guess what I've been saying here is there ain't no better reason to rid yourself from vanity and just go with the seasons. It's what we aim to do. Our name is our virtue. Well open up you're mind and see like me. Open up you're plans and damn you're free. Look into you're heart and you'll find the sky is your's. So please don't, please don't, please don't. There's no need to complicate. Cause our time is short. This, oh this, this is our fate, I'm your's.

"WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU LEARN TO SING LIKE THAT?!?" I yell and he laughs. "I don't know.... I guess it's in my blood." He says casually. "That was..... like, amazing. I can't believe that!" I say and he laughs. We pull into his drive way and we get out. "Can you sing again?" I ask. 

After arguing with him, he finally agrees to sing one more time without the music. I listen to every word like I'm studying for a test. 

After he finishes singing, It's time for us to go to bed. "Goodnight, Kayla." Travis says as he walks out of the room and turns off the light. My phone vibrates and I look at it. 

Anne

Don't come in for work this week or next week. We're doing remodeling and you need a break anyways.

I look at the text and type a quick thanks. I lay back down and wonder what I'm gonna do for the next two weeks. I slowly start falling asleep.

I wake up for no reason at night and decide to brush my teeth, thinking it's because I didn't do that before going to bed. I use the toothbrush Travis gave me and some spare toothpaste. After brushing my teeth, I go to the kitchen and get me some water. I drink the water and sit down at the counter.  

After a while of sitting, I stand up and start to walk back to my room and end up bumping into Travis. "Sorr-" I try to say but Travis cuts me off by kissing me. I hesitate for a minute, until I start kissing him back. After a good few minutes, he pulls away to catch his breath. We stare into each others eyes for a minute until he starts talking. "I've been waiting to do that ever since I met y-" He starts but this time I cut him off with a kiss. I pull away. "Goodnight!" I say in a cheery voice, leaving him shocked. I walk to my bedroom and go to sleep with a smirk on my face and one word. Travis.