Chapter 9

As we sit at the cafe, I glance up at the TV. We've been talking for 45 minutes. On the TV, I see fire. It looks like a house. "Kayla? You okay over there?" Travis asks. I slowly nod. That house looks familiar. It almost looks like- I jump up and run out of the cafe. I run down the street as fast as I can.

I hear Travis yelling for me. I keep running and the flames come into view. There's news reporters, police, and firefighters everywhere. I take a look at my aunt's house. I look around for Kate and I don't see her. I run up to a police officer. "Did someone get her out?!?"

I ask. "We can't find her. You need to remain cal-" I run under the caution tape and Travis grabs me. "Don't" He says. I push off of him. Police officers yell and I run in the house, dodging the falling pieces of burning wood.

I look around the house, sweaty and see Aunt Kate laying on the ground in a corner. I dodge fire and run over to her and drag her away from part of the fire. She's lightly coughing. "Hold on." I say. I look around and now all I see is fire. I begin to panic. I sit Kate down, lightly and run to look for some sort of exit.

I start coughing as my lungs fill with smoke. I run back and feel something cut my leg. I don't bother to look at the cut because I can feel the blood dripping from it. I run over to where Kate is and start kicking on the wall as hard as I can. I see it crack a little and I pick up Kate and kick as hard and as fast as I can.

As the whole house starts to collapse, the wall breaks and I run out with Kate and fall to the ground beside her house. She falls in front of me and I see people rush over to where we are before everything goes black.....