Chapter 17

Travis informs me that Kai is forming an army. I didn't believe him until the guys show me security cameras of Kai forming a group. He's creating a Mafia. Travis drives me home and helps me pack. "Travis, I don't want to leave. I want to be here." I say. He comes over and kisses me. "I promise, we will get you back as soon as possible." He says. 

...

As we load everything in the back of Travis' car, I realize Travis doesn't have his stuff. "We should go get you're stuff...." I say. "Kayla, I'm gonna have to go in a separate car. Kai would think you would be with me. You'll go with Damon, Tyler and Damien." Travis says. "I want to go with you." I say he smiles. "I know. I want you to go with me too. It's safer this way..." He says. "Don't worry, I'll be in the backseat with you.." Tyler says. Travis' fists clench and he starts to walk towards Tyler and I grab Travis' shirt and pull he to me and kiss him in front of Tyler. Letting him see that I love Travis and only Travis. He fake gags and turns away from us. Travis laughs and pulls away. "I love you.." I say. "I love you.." Travis says to me. 

After a minute, we all get into the car and Damon starts driving. 20 minutes into the ride, Tyler puts his hand on my leg and I push it off. His hand finds its way to my leg again and I pick it up and throw it back at him. After a minute, his hand is on my leg and I lose it. "I swear to god, I will mess up that messed up face of your's if you don't stop.." I say. He smirks. I turn to face the window and I feel his hand on my leg again. I turn to face him. With all of my energy, I throw a punch. As soon as I do, I regret it. As my fingers curl in, Damon slams on the breaks. "One of you up here, NOW!" He yells. My eyes water and I pull my hand to my stomach. Damien gets a first aid kit out of the dash and walks to the back and makes Tyler go up front. Damien sits with me. "I know it hurts. Trust me. I've punched his face. It's like stone." Damien says. I shake my head. "It's fine." I mumble. "Your hand is swollen and your face is red. Let me help you..." Damien says. The thing is, I know if he helps me, It'll hurt. Yes, it might feel better afterwards, but I've felt my bones being pushed back into place. I don't want to feel it again. "No. I'll be fine." I say. He grabs my hand anyways and I let him. He barely touches one of my fingers and my eyes water. "This is gonna be fun...." He mumbles.

...

After what seems like hours of pain and screams, Damien has my hand wrapped. My tears have dried and I'm leaned against the door, falling asleep from exhaustion. When Damien was pulling my fingers into place, Travis had called and demanded we stop at a hotel to make sure I was okay. As we pull into a hotel parking lot, I see Travis pull in behind us. He gets out and runs up to my door. I move so I don't fall and he opens the door. "Are you okay?" He asks. "I broke my hand punching a pedophile... Yeah, I'm fine." I say sarcastically. Once Travis realizes what I'm talking about he starts to walk around the car. "Travis!" I yell. He comes back. "What?" He asks. "Don't do anything... It'll be fine..." I say. "Not too much farther. We'll get out and you can rest." Travis says. I nod. He goes back to his car, evil eyeing Tyler. "I deserve to be punched right now." Tyler says. "You have been punched and I wouldn't recommend it." I sigh. "And, you're like 17. A teenager. Although I hate it, things like that will happen." I add. The car goes silent and I lean back and fall asleep.

After a while the car stops moving and I open my eyes and sit up. "Rise and shine princesses." Damon says in a deep voice. "I'm not a princess...." Tyler says in a tired voice. "Uh huh..." Damien says. I look around and see a small hotel in front of the car. I get out of the car and see Travis running up to me. I hug him and we kiss. "I'm getting the best service for you..." Travis says. "You know, I can stay in a small room. I don't mind." I say. He shakes his head. "Ever since you've met me, I've put you through hell. I'm gonna repay you." Travis says. The thing is, ever since he met me, he's been put through hell. I know what I've got to. It may hurt both of us a lot but, we will mend. I just nod, forgetting about the conversation we just had and we go in the hotel. 

We never unpack anything, we all just go straight to bed. After a while, I start on a note. 

Dear Travis,

I love you more than this world itself but I realize how much you have been through since I've came into your life. You are my one and ONLY love, but I can't keep letting you hurt because of me. With that being said, I can't stay here. Mend your relationships with your friends and please, take care of yourself. When you said YOU'VE put ME through hell, I realized what I'd have to do. I'll be fine and one day, maybe we'll meet again. You've taught me trust in so many ways, that I didnt know was possible. I wish it didnt end like this, but I do want you to know, I've done one thing with you, that I have never done with anyone else.. I fully, and whole heartedly trust you. I trust you, Travis Woods. I love you so much Travis Woods,

                                                                                                                      Kayla.

As tears stream down my cheeks, I sit the note beside our bed and carefully and quietly get out of bed. Grabbing my bags, I walk out.