Chapter 2

As I approach his house there's police cars everywhere. I turn around with tears in my eyes as I walk to the cafe. "Thats her!" I hear Jeremy yell as I walk and I just hope no police come up to me.

I hear footsteps behind me. "Mam, may I speak to you?" A hear someone I turn around and a police officer is standing there. "Do you know Jeremy Cruise?" He asks. "Yes sir." I say. I'm not about to lie to a police officer. "He says you are his girlfriend. Yes?" He asks. "Well, it's complicated...." I say. "I have time." He says.

...

After telling him about the abuse, he takes notes and examines the bruises and they take Jeremy to prison. I'm walking back to work as I wipe tears from my face. I go through the doors and up to Anne. "Do you know how pissed I am right now? He's gonna come back for me. I watched him kill somebody once because they threatened to call the police." I say.

Anne squeals and puts a hand on her heart and gasps. I scared her. "I won't let him kill you..." I hear a voice that rages me. I turn around and see the cute boy. Before I get fired, I walk to the back and grab my phone and dial my aunts number. "Hello?" I hear her answer.

I gather my stuff and walk to Anne. "Hey what are you doing?" I ask my aunt. "Nothing dear, I've been wondering when I can see you again." She says. "Is tonight fine? I've got a lot on my mind and I wanted to see you." I say.

I hug Anne and she mouths 'Text me' I nod and walk to Mr. Mikaels and hug him. I walk to the front door and go out. "Oooh. We can bake cookies and catch up." My aunt says. "Yeah, that sounds awesome." I say. "Okay dear, I'll see you in a bit. Love you!" She says. "Ok love you!" I say and hang up.

As I enter my house, I take my apron off and go to my room and change into shorts and a t-shirt. I gather ingredients for the cookies and I hear the door bell ring.

"It's open..." I yell. "Wow you let strangers into you're house?" I hear a voice say. I turn around and see the guy who called the police on Jeremy. "Who are you and why are you here?" I ask as I trail around the kitchen beside the knife holder. "I'm Travis Woods and you're friend Anne, asked me to give this to you." Travis says while holding out a bag. I look and see my clothes in it. I sit it on the counter and keep my eyes on him.

"Can I take you out on Friday?" He asks. "Yeah, sure." I scoff. "No I'm serious." He says. "No. You got my boyfriend arrested." I say and he crosses his arms. "He abused you."  He says.

The doorbell rings. "Come in." I yell. "Wow you really don't care who comes in your house." Travis comments. "It's my aunt, Dumbass." I say and he puts his hands up in defense. "Honey I bro-" She stops when she see's Travis. "This isn't Jeremy... is it?" She asks. "Nope. He got Jeremy arrested." I say while glaring at Travis.

"Hallelujah." My aunt says. "No. Not hallelujah." I say. "Hun, he hurt you." My aunt says. "I don't care. When he gets out of prison he's gonna come for all of us." I say. "Friday?" Travis asks. "No." I say. "I'm not gonna quit asking. Until you say yes, I'm coming to the cafe everyday and I'm gonna ask you every chance I get." He says.

"Great. The door is that way.." I say while pointing to the door. "Kayla!" My aunt scolds. "I don't even know this man!" I say in defense. "Let him stay for dinner.." My aunt says. "He's- Ugh." I get frustrated because I know my aunt won't be happy if I fight back.

"It's actually fine. I have to go. See you tomorrow, Kayla." Travis says. "Mhm.." I say and he leaves. "He's hot." My aunt says. "He's an ass." I mumble. "Language." My aunt says.

"Sorry. It's been a rough day." I say while pouring flour in a bowl. "I get it." She says. "Whats his name?" She asks. "Travis?" I ask and she smiles. "Travis." She bumps my hip. "Gross." I say while throwing some flour at her. She laughs and throws some back.

After 30 minutes, theres flour everywhere and the cookies are being put in the oven. "I've missed this. " My aunt says. "Me too." I say. "You're Dad would be proud of you."She says and I laugh. "No, he would say I should've kicked Jeremy's a- butt when I had the chance." I say and she laughs. 

After catching up and eating cookies for 3 hours, Aunt Kate had to leave. We exchanged hugs and she left. As I'm cleaning the kitchen, I remember the bag of clothes. I grab it and dump the clothes in the laundry and I see something white fall from the bag. It's a paper. I grab it.

Travis                                    256-908-3552