Chapter 18

I want to turn back so bad, but if I do, I'll never want to leave. I open one of my bags outside and find my jar of emergency money. I look at all of the one hundreds, knowing I'll have to move pretty far away. With memories flooding through my mind, I wipe some tears and wait for a taxi. I know this is whats best. A taxi pulls up and I hand him $200.00. "I need to go as far away as you can get me." I say. He nods and hands me back one hundred. "I'm only charging you one hundred." He says. I nod and open the door and sit down.

After hours of looking and waiting, we arrive in New York. "I'm not supposed to drive through here, so have a great day!" He says nicely. "Thank you!" I say and he smiles. I grab my stuff and get out and walk down the crowded streets. I walk around, thinking about Travis. I approach a hotel and walk inside. "Hello, I'm Andrea. I'm the only one working here. No one comes here but I stay in business. Anyways, I'm charging $20.00 per week for any room." She says. I nod. "Okay. I don't want a specific room. Thanks though." I say. She nods. "Okay. Follow me!" She says. I follow her and find a beautiful and clean room. "Wow. This is beautiful!" I say. "Yeah, I keep the rooms clean for the people who are passing by....." Andrea says. "Well, I'm not sure but I might be staying here for a while..." I say she smiles. "Well, I'll leave it to you...." She says and walks away. I sigh. I can't get Travis out of my mind. I find my phone and charger and plug it in.

It's gonna be forever until I see Travis.