Chapter 3

I scoff and throw the paper away. I don't know who he thinks he is. I go to my room and go to bed.

...

beep beep beep....

I hear the dreaded sound of my alarm. I stand up and walk around my bed and cut the alarm off. I get dressed in my work clothes and grab my phone. I grab my house keys and walk out the door. As I walk, I throw my hair in a messy bun. I walk in the cafe and there Travis is, sitting right beside the counter.

"And how is my favorite worker doing today?" He asks in a high pitched voice. "Apparently 'awesome' since you're here." I say sarcastically.

He smiles and I walk behind the counter. "So about Frid-" He starts and I cut him off. "Nope." I say and he sighs. Mr. Mikaels comes in and I rush over to him and help him to his seat. "Thank you! This is why I love this place." Mr. Mikaels says in his creaky voice.

"You're welcome. The normal?" I ask. "Yes" He says. I write down his order and take it to the back where Anne is. "How are you today?" I ask while handing her the order. "Perfect." She says. "And you and you're boy toy?" She asks. " He's trying to get me to go on a date with him and until I say yes, he'll be here every morning. Unless he wants to look like Mr. Mikaels , I'd suggest he leaves but you know how some men are." I say and she nods.

I walk back out and no one has come in. "Aren't you gonna take my order?" Travis says. I sigh. "What do you want?" I ask. "Ugh! I should give this place a one-star rating!" Travis screeches dramatically. I sigh and walk around the counter.

"Hello. My name is Kayla. What would you like today?" I ask in a sarcastic tone and a fake smile. "Nothing today. Just a date on Friday would be great." He says. "I'm sorry sir. We are not capable of that." I say. 

The rest of the day goes by with me constantly walking by Travis and saying 'No'.

"Are we really gonna sit here forever?" I ask. He told me he wasn't gonna leave until I said yes and it's 10:00pm and I was supposed to lock up at 8:00pm. "Just say yes." He says tiredly.

"You know what? Fine. I'll go out with you. Just get out so I can lock up." I whine and he stands up with a stupid smile on his face and walks to the door. "See ya Friday!" He says and walks out.

Bitch.