Chapter 16

The next morning is kinda hectic. Travis called all of his friends over to watch over me and I'm happy that he cares but I'm also pissed. As his friends and I sit on the couch in silence, I realize how stupid this is. "Alright, I'm not doing this." I say as I stand up. "You know Travis will kill us if we let you out of our sight." Damien says. "Oh so I can't go to the bathroom by myself. I learned that skill in first grade." I say. He gives me a 'Fuck you' look and I roll my eyes and walk towards the bathroom. "I wouldn't mind to get some of that..." I hear Tyler say.

I turn around and flip him off before I go to the bathroom. I know Travis will kill me when he finds out what I'm doing. I quickly cut around to the bedroom and open the window quietly. "What are you doing?" I hear a voice. I sigh and turn around. Darren. I roll my eyes.

"Leaving because I'm not staying in this house with all boys that I barely know." I say. He shrugs and points at the window. "Go." He says. I'm confused. Why would he let me go? "Just know if you do leave and something happens to you, Travis would be depressed and angry at HIMSELF. He'd never let it go...." Darren says. I think about it and he's right. "You're right." I say. I walk past him and go straight to the kitchen.

I grab an apple and eat it while wait for Travis to get back. He went to get the groceries since we never got them last time. I'm kinda worried because he's been gone for an hour. He did have a lot to get. I sigh and finish the apple. As I sit there I see something out the window. I look at the window and sigh.

It's probably nothing. I stand up and walk around the kitchen. Travis' mom hasn't been home in a while. She went to a therapy center that's about 30 miles away. She's staying in a hotel down there. I sigh, with nothing to do. I sit back down and soon I fall asleep...

...

I wake up to feeling hands on my waist. I sit up and smell the familiar scent. Travis. I spin on the stool around to face Travis. I kiss him and I feel his smile. "Did you have fun?" He asks. "Some of you're friends are jerks..." I mumble. "They tend to be that way..." He says. "Still tired?" He asks.

"Not really.." I say. He smiles and I stare into his eyes. After a minute, we hear someone clear their throat. We turn and see Tyler standing in the doorway. "Travis, we have a problem." Tyler says. Travis rolls his eyes and sighs.

After a minute, he follows Tyler into the living room. I stand up and go to my room. I grab a t shirt and some shorts. I go to my bathroom and change. I quickly brush my hair out and throw it into a messy bun. Ever since my aunt died, I haven't really tried. Anne is going to set the funeral since I know I wouldn't be able to. As I wipe a tear, I see someone out of the corner of my eye. I turn and see Travis leaning in the doorway.

"I hope you like traveling......" He says with a small smile. "Not really......" I say. "Well then, we have a problem..." Travis says.