Chapter 19

_______________________________

She is the sunlight
And the sun is gone
_______________________________

Davina was off the bed and practically flying down the stairs as soon as the other witches' spell died. Her body still ached and each step she took was agony, still not having healed from obtaining so much power in such a little amount of time, but she didn't care. She needed to find Marcel, needed to know that he was okay.

Blood spattered the hallways, dead vampires strewn about the floor as others began coming out onto the scene. None of them neared her, all knowing who she was and exactly what she could do to them. They also knew the wrath they would face from Marcel if they so much as looked at her funny.

She headed toward the main room, heart racing as she took in the sight of Marcel's elite laying scattered around the room, their hearts all lying beside them. She saw Marcel slumped against a nearby wall, and her limbs trembled as she hurried to him, willing what she was thinking to not be right. He couldn't be dead. She couldn't lose him. Not him. Not now.

Scanning his body, she let out a sigh of relief when she noted no holes in his chest and leaped back a little in surprise when he moved, gasping as he came back to life. His gaze immediately met hers and he reached out, placing a calming hand on her shoulder. "I'm fine," he assured, silently taking in the scene before him as he rose.

Klaus and his family had done this, killed some of his most loyal subjects and broken his rules. He was not about to allow them leniency. Not again. They needed to be punished for what they had done. He just needed to figure out exactly how to do it.

The sound of whimpering broke his train of thought though and he glanced at Davina, wondering if he had accidentally used too much strength in his touch, but she was fine and glancing over near a corner. Marcel turned his attention that way, inwardly cringing at the sight of Camille pressed back into the corner, eyes wide as she took in the horrific scene laid out before her.

"Cami," he started, walking slowly over to her, but she held up her hands, clenched into fists in an attempt to keep him away from her. "I'll explain everything." He could only imagine how hard this must have been for her, to be thrust into the lifestyle without ever having known anything about his world.

"What did he do to me?" Cami asked, hands moving to claw at her hair.

"I'm going to make him pay for it," Marcel promised, crouching down beside her. She was still in transition and needed to drink. There was no way he was allowing Klaus to take her completely from him. Adjusting to being a vampire might take some effort, but Camille was strong and Marcel was confident she would be able to do it.

"Marcel," one of the other vampires who had entered the room called out, but Marcel didn't bother to turn around. He knew they were all waiting for orders on what to do about the massacre that had happened in the room and if he knew the Mikaelson family at all, probably had also occurred out in the rest of the building as well. Not doubt the witches had been freed and he would need to deal with in time.

"Find me a human, now," Marcel barked, slowly helping Camille stand. "I'll explain everything after you eat." He handed her off to another vampire. "Make sure she eats and then bring her back to me." Turning, he located Davina in the room and beckoned her over with a wave. "I need you to be ready by tonight; do you think you'll be at full strength by then?"