Chapter 1~ Mate?

THERES CHASSIDY!

My whole life I've been running from Ethan Keith, so imagine how I feel when I find out all the running just lead me back to him. For me to find out he's my mate.

5 years ago

"Now that I know there's someone out there that's your other half I can't wait to turn 18!" My best, and only friend, Chassidy squealed. As we were on our way to school, I just smiled and giggled as she rambled on and on about mates. "OMG, I can't walk any further I gotta go pee like NOW! Brb." She said as she scurried off into the woods to find a bush and pee.

"Umph." I got shoved to the floor by a guy that looked around my age, looking down at me.

I thought he was cute at the time, I mean, he was obviously a jerk but, I couldn't deny he had good looks. He had ice blue eyes that I've never seen 'till that day, and dark brown hair. He wasn't pale but, he wasn't that tan either. He was...in between.

"Get up! Aren't you gonna defend yourself!" I remember sitting there not daring to move. "Huh, you're weak and pathetic! I feel bad for the guy who will be your mate one day. The Moon Goddess shouldn't be so cruel as to do that to someone." I opened my mouth to say something to him about mates and how they care about each other no matter what, but then shut it again as he raised an eyebrow...as if daring me to speak. "Just what I thought, pathetic." Those were his final words before heading back to where he came from.

I soon found out he was The Alpha King's son, Ethan Keith.

(Alpha kings aren't just any Alpha.? They're stronger, faster, bigger and their senses are way better than regular werewolves like me. For this, they are practically treated like royalty.)

Present time

BEEP!

BEEP!

BEEP!

"Will someone PLEASE turn off that alarm. My hearings already as sensitive as it is, not to mention it's SATURDAY!" I groaned.

My brother Jackson stood in my room's door frame as he said, "Is the runt too weak to move itself." He snorted. Lack of emotions laced his features. He left, reminding me of how I spend my weekdays, "You're lucky it's the weekend. It's the only time we'll give you a break, and that's only because we're taking one."

My brother (if I could even call him that) was referring to Ethan, Mike, and him beating me everyday. I'm their personal punching bag...to practice their strength I guess you could say. They don't care that I'm a girl. I'm known as the weak link to the pack and they don't let me forget it.

I shifted at the late age of 17 last year. I remember the excruciating pain as I shifted. Feeling the bones in my body snap over and over forming into my natural white wolf with black fur on my ears. All that pain, only to turn into a wolf just a little bigger than an average sized wolf! Which was odd considering I'm average hieght for a girl, 5.6. I look like an overgrown dog. I was the weak link for shifting so late, and me being smallest wolf in our pack only made it worse.

Our pack is known for our powerful wolves and strong fighters. Me just being in it is putting a dent in our reputation.

"Get your butt outta bed Leya! It's your 18th birthday remember!? The day you're suppose to be able to find love and happiness like you've never known before." Chassidy swooned over the thoughts of meeting her mate for the first time, as she pulled all my covers off of me. She didn't waste any time to jump on the bed and make me plop up and down on it.

"Yes, of course I remember my birthday. Which is why I want to sleep in." Chassidy finally stopped jumping on the bed and scolded me saying, "There is a possibility you will find your mate today and all you wanna do is sleep in?"