🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 🅃🄷🅁🄴🄴

It had been a few days and Dixie eventually came out of her room and faced the scolding of her parents for her 'unexplainable' behaviour. She still didn't tell them why she had acted like that though. She wasn't even sure if she wanted to keep it and what was the point in telling people if she was going to get rid of it.

She had to book herself in for a doctors appointment though, even if she wasn't to keep it. She had no idea how far along she even was. She refused to look at her stomach as if she was pregnant because it made her feel funny and she hated it.

Three weeks later she made an excuse to leave the house for an hour and went to her appointment. The whole drive there she was nervous. She was scared people would judge her or worse know who she was and tell someone. When she got there she felt as if she was going to be sick. She wished she'd brought some with her but that would mean telling someone. She signed in and waited for her name to be called.

"Dixie?" A nurse called her name and she nervously stood up. The nurse smiled at her and she attempted a smile in return. There was a middle aged woman inside the room the nurse had led her too. She was fairly short with short black hair pulled back into a low ponytail and green eyes . "I'm Dr Moore but you can call me Nikki. You must be Dixie" she shook Dixie's hand. "Yep" Dixie replied quietly. "I don't bite I promise" Dr Moore joked as she could see how nervous Dixie was. Dixie laughed slightly and relaxed. "This is your first appointment yes?" Nikki said and they both sat down opposite each other. "Yes" Dixie said twiddling her thumbs. "I'll start by asking you a few questions and then we can talk about later appointments" she said and took out a clipboard and pen. Dixie simply nodded her head.

"I'm assuming you've taken a pregnancy test yourself"

Dixie nodded "Yes. One of the digital ones"

"Those are the most accurate ones out there so we shouldn't have to take a blood test" Dr Moore scribbled  something down as she spoke. "When was your last period?"

"Erm it was a while ago. I can't remember sorry" Dixie tried to think back.

"Will the father be coming to the appointments?"

"He doesn't know yet" Dixie was slightly ashamed that she hadn't told anyone.

"Oh okay well that can be arranged later so not to worry. How old is the father?"

"Same age as me, nineteen"

"Oh okay" The doctor seemed slightly shocked by what Dixie said. "Sorry I just assumed you were older".
"Do you still live at home and if so do your parents know you're pregnant?".

"Yes I do but they don't know"

"Ah alright. I'm assuming you'll tell them though"

"Y...yes. Sorry I just haven't really had a chance to process it all properly yet" Dixie stuttered.

"Can I safely assume this pregnancy wasn't planned" She said and gave Dixie a comforting smile.

"No it wasn't"

Dr Moore spun around in her chair and picked up a small machine.  "Would you mind just hopping on the bed for me" she said to Dixie. Dixie got up from the seat and sat upright on the bed. "Can you lift your T-shirt up for me please".

The sound of a swishing noise. A fast "thump thump thump" filled the room. It was the first time Dixie had thought about the fact that there was a life inside her. "That's the heart beat" Nikki said leaning over to her desk so she could write down more notes. "Why's it so fast?" Dixie said fascinated. "It's perfectly normal. Baby's heartbeats are very fast but it's nothing to worry about" Nikki assured Dixie and put the machine away.

Dixie hopped off the bed and sat back down in the chair. "You're about 8 weeks but we can't be sure until we do your 12 weeks scan because we haven't got any specific dates to go off" Dr Moore sat back down and put the clipboard on the side. "That's it then. If you have any worries just phone other than that I'll see you in a few weeks" Dr Moore said and smiled at Dixie. "Okay thank you" Dixie said standing up.

Dixie broke down into tears the second she got in her car. It wasn't because she was scared or sad like the last time she was just so overwhelmed with emotions that she didn't know what to do. The second she heard the heartbeat she knew she couldn't get rid of it. She still wasn't sure how to tell her parents.

Two weeks after her appointment she still hadn't told anyone. She was struggling to hide it at home though. She couldn't in the pool because wearing a bikini made her small bump way to obvious.

The D'amelio family had gone out for dinner and halfway through eating Charli said "Dixie's hiding something". Marc and Heidi were taken back by the bold statement. "No I'm not" Dixie said slightly offended that her sister had just made that conclusion out of nowhere. "Yes you are. The other week you went out for over an hour for no reason, you're always crying for no reason and when I was taking the trash out I found a pregnancy test box in the trash can from your bathroom" Charli said stabbing her fork into her dinner. Dixie was speechless, her sister had just outed her like that. "I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for this" Heidi said trying make sense of the situation. "Dixie's pregnant" Charli said raising her eyebrows devilishly. "Charli! That is a very bold statement to make about your sister" Marc told Charli off from across the table. Meanwhile Heidi sat with her elbows on the table rubbing her temples. "Please tell me she's being ridiculous. Dixie?" Heidi begged that Charli was overreacting. Dixie sat in her chair in silence. "She's not being ridiculous" Dixie said quietly trying to prepare herself for the wrath of her parents. They all sat there in silence for a moment. "How long have you known?" Heidi said having calmed down a little. "A few weeks" Dixie said once again feeling guilty. "A few weeks! Why didn't you tell us" Heidi was dumbfounded. "I was scared okay. I had no idea how you'd react or even if I wanted to go through with it" Dixie was nearly in tears. "And who's the father?. Does he know?" Marc commented. "It's..." "Sorry to butt-in but there are a few extra pairs of ears listening and that seems a bit to personal to be saying in a restaurant at the moment" Charli cut Dixie off. They all looked around and Charli was right. Several people with cameras were stood across the road and there was surely people in the restaurant listening. "We'll talk more about this when we get home" Heidi said making it very clear that this wasn't the end of this conversation.

ɪxɪ ɴ ɴᴏᴀʜ ʀ ғғɪɪʟ ɴᴏᴡ ʙᴜᴛ ɪ' ɴᴏᴛ sʀ ɪғ ɪ sʜᴏᴜʟ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴇᴍ ғғɪɪʟ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ ɴ ɪɴ ʜ sᴛᴏʀʏ ʀ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʜᴇᴍ ʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ʙ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜʀ ɴᴏᴡ. ɪ ʜ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʜ sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴏ ғᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ'ᴍ sᴏʀʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀɴʏ sᴘᴇʟʟɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴛʏᴘᴏ ᴇʀʀᴏs. ᴘs ᴋᴇɴᴢɪᴇ <3