🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 🅂🄴🅅🄴🄽

Noah and Dixie had been spending most of their time together and maybe kissed a few times. They even spent Christmas together. They were already best friends but they both knew there was something more. The second scan was tomorrow and Dixie was stressing. She couldn't sleep. On top of it already being hard to sleep because she was pregnant she had a lot on her mind. A lot of her clothes weren't fitting like they should and she couldn't go out at all because hiding her bump was impossible.

Dixie groaned as she tried desperately to do up her jeans. To no avail though. She gave up. When Noah turned up to pick her up she was sat on the couch huffing in her T-shirt and underwear. Noah laughed. "Dixie, what are you doing" Noah said laughing. "My jeans don't fit" Dixie said defeated. "Well you need to put something on because you can't just go out in your underwear" Noah said stating the obvious. Dixie was tired and being stubborn so Noah had to go into Dixie's wardrobe and get her some sweatpants because she wouldn't do it herself. "Put these on" Noah threw them at her.

To anyone else it would have been weird that neither of them were fazed by the fact that Dixie was casually changing in front of Noah and he didn't seem to care either. Dixie could barely tie her own shoes so they had a weird intimacy over odd things. "Come on then" Noah eventually ushered Dixie out the front door so they could go to their appointment.

The whole car ride there Dixie was fidgety. She needed a full bladder for the scan but that meant she was desperate for the toilet. "They might be able to tell us the gender today" Noah said trying to distract Dixie. "I don't know if I want to find out" Dixie said staring out the window. They arrived and like the time and time before they waited for Dixie's name.

They walked into the sonogram room and Dr Moore was inside waiting for them. "Hello Dixie, how are you?" She said spinning in her chair. "I'm good" Dixie replied. "Good. Would you mind hoping onto the bed for me. Can you lift your top up and roll your sweatpants down a little as well" Dr Moore instructed. Noah simply sat and smiled at Dixie as he watched. Dixie flinched slightly as the cold gel touched her stomach. "Sorry about that" Nikki apologised.

Like before a black and white image appeared on the screen. Though unlike the last time after a few blurry images a very clear image of a baby appeared on the screen. Dr Moore didn't say anything until she was finished as she was concentrating on checking nothing was wrong. This left Dixie and Noah staring at a screen looking at their baby in silence. Dr Moore took some Photos and pointed out where the different body parts were. "There's the head and that's a little hand" She said pointing at the screen. "Did you guys want to know the gender?" Nikki asked. Noah and Dixie looked at each other. Dixie was adamant it was a boy but looking at both sides of the family tree Noah thought it was a girl, they would be happy with either though. Dr Moore could see that they weren't sure so she said "Why don't I write it down and then if you want you can look at it and if not then you can just throw it away". Dixie and Noah nodded their heads in agreement. Dr Moore wrote it down and along with the sonogram photos handed it to them.

"Baby it perfectly healthy and doing great but I just want to ask you a question" Dr Moore said sitting down at the desk. "Have you felt any movement or kicking yet?" Dr Moore looked back at her computer while asking the question."I've felt movement but no kicking" Dixie responded. "Everything seems perfect but if you have any concerns or something doesn't seem right please call" Nikki smiled at the both of them. Noah and Dixie said their goodbyes and thank yous and left.

Once they got home they sat and looked through the photos. "Dixie?" Noah said nervous about what he was about to do. He cared about Dixie a lot and on top of her having his child he wanted to ask her. "Yeah" Dixie said oblivious. They were sat cuddled up on the couch with a movie in the background. "I was wondering if...you'd be my girlfriend?" Noah said and waited in silence for the answer. Dixie wasn't expecting it but wasn't complaining and after what felt like an eternity to Noah Dixie finally spoke. "Yes. I will be your girlfriend" Dixie said turning and smiling at Noah. It took less than a second of them looking at each other for them to close the gap between their faces.

After a few moments though Dixie broke away. Her hand went straight to her bump. "What is it?" Noah said panicked by Dixie's sudden movement. Without saying anything Dixie took Noah's hand and put it where hers had been. His face immediately lit up. There was a gentle tap, tap, tap. Noah could feel it up against his hand. "Can you feel it?" Dixie asked. She'd asked probably the most obvious question ever. It was clear from Noah's face and reaction that he could feel the baby's little kicks. "Oh they're definitely a soccer player" Noah said with the biggest grin on his face. "Are we gonna open that or not?" Dixie said looking at the envelope on the corner of the coffee table. "Do you want to?" Noah said considering what Dixie had said earlier. "Why don't we open it in the morning" Dixie said and they both agreed.

With Cali snoring at Dixie's feet they curled up on the couch until Dixie to fell asleep.

When Dixie woke up the next morning Noah was already up and was in the kitchen feeding Cali. "Good morning beautiful" Noah said when Dixie walked out lazily and rubbed her eyes. Dixie picked up the envelope from the coffee table and pushed it in front of Noah on the kitchen counter. "Do you want me to open it?" Noah said holding it. Dixie nodded her head. She stood over his shoulder as she watched him open it. There was three words written of a piece of paper inside. "It's a..." and...
"GIRL". "Told you" Noah said smugly. Dixie ignored him and instead turned to Cali "Cali it's a girl" she said in a baby voice and squished Cali's face.

"Hey baby girl" Noah whispered to Dixie's bump. Dixie giggled at how cute he was being but also because Noah's breath tickled. Noah was already so protective and she hadn't even been born yet.

ᴅᴏɴ ʟɪ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀsʟғ, ᴡᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜ ɴᴏᴡ ʜᴀᴛ ʜᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴀs ᴄᴜᴛᴇ. ʜɪs ʜᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴍᴇ ʟɴɢ ɪᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ʀɪᴛᴇ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜs ɪ ʜᴏᴜɢʜ ɪ ɢᴏᴛ ᴄᴏᴠɪ ʙᴜᴛ ғᴛᴇʀ ɴᴇɢᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴛᴇs ɪ ᴀᴄᴛᴜᴀʟʏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏᴛʜʀ ʀsᴘʀɪʀɪᴛᴏʀʏ ɪʀs. ʙɪsɪᴄᴀʟʟʏ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ sɪᴄᴋ ғʀ ʜs ᴡᴇᴇᴋ s ɪғ ᴘʀs ғ ʜ ʜᴛᴇʀ ʀɴ'ʀғᴇᴄᴛ ʜᴀᴛs ʜʏ.

ʜɴ ʏᴏᴜ ғʀ 1. <3 ᴋᴇɴɪ