🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 🅃🅆🄴🄻🅅🄴

Just as everyone was finishing the pain had gotten progressively worse. Dixie got yet another sharp pain in her stomach and dropped her fork. As she did se had a lightbulb moment. Everyone looked at her due to the fact that she'd dropped her fork making a loud clatter. Dixie was hot and sweating. "Dixie are you sure you're okay" Noah looked very concerned. "I think so" Dixie was unsure what was happening to her. "You don't look it" Addison chirped in. "I'm fine I promise" Dixie said not wanting everyone's attention and worrying people. "Do you want to go and get some air?" James asked wondering if Dixie was just flustered. "I'll go with her" Noah's mom had now stood up to help Dixie.

As Dixie stood outside trying to breathe Noah's mom said something "You could be in labour you know". "What?" Dixie was slightly confused but her conscience knew she was right. "You should be alright until we get home. Assuming you don't feel like she's about to pop out this second" Noah's mom said oddly calm.

Eventually Dixie went back inside to say goodbye to everyone. "Text me when you get home" Addison kissed Dixie's cheek and left. She was worried about Dix.

They pulled up to Dixie's apartment and as she got out the car something happened. She felt something trickle down her leg and drip onto the floor. She'd either wet herself or her waters had just broken. Being pregnant it really could have been either. "Yeah I think you're right about me being in labour" Dixie turned to Noah's mom. "Wait did your water just break!?" Noah said panicked. "I think so" Dixie looked down between her legs. Noah now looked like he was going to either vomit or faint. He looked more ill than Dixie. By this point Charli was on the phone to Heidi seeing as nobody else was already. She'd only expected to get in the car to go home not to have to phone her mom and tell her that her sister was in labour.

For Noah's mom it was like deja vu. Exactly 20 years ago she'd had been in the exact same situation. The reality of it all was sinking in and Dixie was starting to panic. While Noah's mom helped Dixie everyone other than Noah, Noah's mom, Charli and Dixie left.

Since her water had broken Dixie's contractions had gotten much more painful. They were now waiting of Heidi so they could go to the hospital. After what felt like an eternity to Dixie, Heidi arrived. She didn't even knock the door and instead walked straight into Dixie's apartment. "How we doing?" Heidi said making herself known as she opened the door. Dixie tried to smile at her mom but she was in too much pain and had tears rolling down her cheeks. Heidi's eyes went to Noah. He looked as though he was in almost the same amount of pain as Dixie. Maybe Dixie was squeezing his hand too tight and making it change colour. "Who decided to make this so painful!" Dixie screamed. "I'd say it's going great" Charli answered Heidi's question sarcastically. Dixie looked at Charli as though if she wasn't in labour she would be murdering her. After that Charli went home. She was bored and was also fearing for her life.

After a call with the midwife the four of them went to the hospital.

Meanwhile Charli was at home sleeping. She wasn't really sleeping though. Who can sleep when their sister is about to have a baby. Finally as the sun came up Charli fell asleep. "Charli!" Marc knocked on Charli's bedroom door. Charli groaned. She'd only just fallen asleep and now she was being woken up. "Your mom just called. You coming to the hospital or not?" Marc said as Charli threw a pillow over her face to block out the light. "I'm coming!" Charli groaned through the pillow. "Then get up!" Marc shouted and shut the door.

Charli was running on adrenaline and excitement. If she didn't have that going for her she'd be on the floor. "We have to stop by Dixie's apartment on the way. Pick up the car seat and a few things" Marc said as they got in the car. Charli was barely awake but nodded her head. Couldn't Dixie be in labour at 1pm not 4am.

Charli and Marc walked quickly through the maternity ward. "What number was it again?" Marc asked Charli. He was tired as well. "23" Charli answered bluntly. Marc opened the door and there was Dixie squeezing the life out of Heidi and Noah's hands. "Dixie!" Charli ran over to her sister. "You two were quick" Dixie said sarcastically. "You seem a little more talkative" Charli replied back with a similar attitude. "The epidurals kicking in. You took that long" Dixie said looking at the time on her phone. "The midwife said it could be another few hours before anything happens so I'd sit down" Heidi said freeing her hand from Dixie's now loosening grip.

"Did you bring my blanket?" Dixie asked Marc. "Yes. You've already got one, how many do you need?" Marc said handing her the blanket. "I just wanted another one. God" Dixie pulled the blanket over herself and lay her head on the pillow. This could take a while. Or it could progress very quickly. Baby Beck was making her appearance today and that was for sure.

sᴏʀʀʏ ɪ's ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ sᴜᴀʟ ʙᴜᴛ ᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀs ɪ's ᴜᴘ ᴏɴ sᴜɴᴅᴀʏ. ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ. <3 ᴋᴇɴᴢɪᴇ