Chapter 28| Farewell

Beomgyu's POV

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked Y/n nervously. I tried to put on a smile to ease my emotion. Please say yes... Please say yes...

I waited for her answer but nothing came out of her mouth. Y/n didn't said anything. She just stayed quiet. She then looked up at the sky and smiled.

"I wish I could say yes...." She quietly whispered. Huh?

"What do you mean?" I tried to clarify to her. What does she mean by she wish she could say say? Of course she can say yes, I'm confuse. A tear suddenly fell down in her cheeks as she closed her eyes. She's crying?

"Beomgyu-ah, mianhae (Beomgyu, I'm sorry)" She looked at me. She has short breath in take while more tears escape her eyes. She lowered her head and covered her face. I can't help but comfort her even though I'm really confuse. I went closer to her and hugged her. She sobbed in my shoulder while hugging me back.

"Neomu mianhae... (I'm really sorry...)" She whispered in my ears. I rubbed her back and tried to calm her down. Her cry, it's not sadness nor pity, it's pain. She's in pain...

————

"Are you okay now?" I asked her. She nodded and manage to smile.

"Ne (Yes)." She said. She wiped off the last tear in her eyes before getting herself together.

"Mind explaining?" I asked her. She nodded and looked at me in the eyes.

"I have to go to Japan" She directly told me. I stayed silent, letting her continue.

"My brother and my grandparents, they need me. My grandparents are really sick and my younger brother, he's young and he's still studying. I have to go there to take care of them. I have to and I need to" Y/n explained.

"For how long?" I asked her. She shook her head.

"I don't know. One year? Two years? Three years? Four years? Or maybe even five years, I don't know." She said.

"Are you going to leave me again?" I carefully asked her, trying my best not to hurt her feelings.

"Beomgyu, I have to..." She said with guilt written in her face. I nodded, understanding her situation.

"It's okay, I understand." I genuinely told her. Y/n gave me a warm smile.

"I'll be back" Y/n said.

"Pinky promise?" I narrowed my eyes, teasing her. I raised my hand and showed her my pinky finger.

"Tsk, so childish" She chuckled but she didn't hesitate to lock her pinky finger with mine.

"I pinky promise." She said with a smile.

"You know in Japan, pinky promises is also known as Yubikiri, which means 'finger cut off'. You do know that if you dare to break a pinky promise, you have to cut off your pinky." I tried to scare Y/n to cheer up the atmosphere. Y/n just rolled her eyes on me and chuckled.

"I know that sensei" Y/n tried to joke. We both lied down in the grass, continue stargazing.

"If you ever miss me, just stare at the sky." Y/n said. I move her closer to me and let her use my arms as a pillow. While staring at the sky, I was caught off guard when she suddenly kissed me on the cheek.