Chapter 29| Different Lives

Y/n's POV

Five years later

"Yes Ma'am, I just landed in Korea and I already brought the papers" I gesture Jinyoung to wait for me as I talk to the person in charge of the university that I'll be in.

"I was told already that I'm qualified to continue my studies here" I continue talking to the phone while walking out of the airport.

"Thank you Ma'am. Of course, Goodbye!" I ended the call and went to Jinyoung.

"Yah! Why are you so fast?" I asked Jinyoung.

"Noona, do you think I'll be okay here?" He suddenly asked me. Jinyoung looked at me worriedly while frowning.

"Yes, if you will follow my advices. Remember, you are already entering middle school, that's the stage where your friends will try and convince you to do bad things. Choose your friends wisely. I don't want the principal in your school to call me and tell me that you did something you're not supposed to." I told Jinyoung. I'm worried about him. I don't want him to be influenced by his bad friends in the future. I want him to be disciplined.

"Okay Noona" Jinyoung plainly replied to me. We looked for taxi and finally found one. I told the driver our old address and he started driving going there.

————

"Y/n-ah! Jinyoung-ah!" Mr. Hwang greeted us. We bowed at him and smiled.

"Mr. Hwang, I missed you! By the way, here are some Japanese food. I bought you some of the best ramen in Japan" I told Mr. Hwang and gave him a small box with Japanese goods. He smiled at us and thanked us. He then offered two chair for us to sit in his small office.

"Jinyoung-ah, you're already big!" Mr. Hwang patted Jinyoung's back. Before sitting in his chair.

"Also you Y/n-ah, you're a grown woman now. It's been what already? Six years?" Mr. Hwang tried to remember.

"Aniyo (No) just five" I corrected him.

"Ah! Five years! Sorry, I don't remember things anymore. You know I'm getting old" Mr. Hwang frowned. I just smiled at him and shook my head.

"But you still look young" I tried to cheer him up. He smiled and chuckled. We chatted more, just talking about the things I've missed here. Soon, Jinyoung yawned, probably tired from the flight.

"I think both of you need to take a rest now. Thank you again for these Japanese foods!" Mr. Hwang said showing the box I gave him.

"Ne Mr. Hwang (Yes Mr. Hwang) We'll go ahead!" Me and Jinyoung bowed at him and said goodbye. We left his office and went to our old apartment.

"Do you remember this?" I asked Jinyoung. He shook his head while looking around.

"Well I won't blame you. You were 4 years old when you left this place." I told him.

"Noona? What was Mom and Dad like?" Jinyoung asked me out of the blue. I came closer to him and caress his hair.

"Well, they are really kind and a little strict. Don't worry, they are watching over us in heaven and they are proud of us." I told Jinyoung. He looked at me with a confuse face.