Chapter 5 ~ The Flight

A few hours later we were seated on the plane and would depart in a couple of minutes. God I hate flying. Why couldn't Alastor just leave us alone. I thought.

"Nervous flyer? Yeah I was at first too. And I'm gonna kill him for crushing my Mustang." I looked at him with my mouth slightly gaped open when he started laughing.

"How did you--?" He lightly tapped his head smiling. We both started laughing. "Yeah know I forgot about that." We started laughing again.

When the plane began taking off. Still looking at his phone; Marcus reached over and held my hand and I immediately felt calm and relaxed.

"Thanks."

"Anytime. I mean we gotta look out for each other right? Am I right or am I right?" We laughed.

"Yeah. Your right. But seeing that we gotta look out for each other don't you think we should know more about each other?"

"Hm. You make a valid point. You first." He said smiling. For the rest of the flight we talked and shared stories. The good and the bad which was a lot of fun.

"Hold on. Why did you think it was a good idea to jump off the roof though." I laughed.

"Okay! In my defense I was 13 and all my friends were chanting me on and plus there was snow on the ground so it wasn't that bad." He said, throwing his hands up defensively.

"But you still broke your arm?"

"Okay maybe there wasn't as much snow as I thought." He awkwardly scratched the back of his head, squinting.

"Boys." I sighed.

"Hey!" We laughed. "But let me get this straight. We lived in the same area. We went to the same school. We were in the same grade. And we're both 19?"

"Yeah."

"And we've never noticed each other until you were in dire need of help."

"Apparently." I said in disbelief.

"We are so unbelievably oblivious." He joked.

After a while of talking more we watched a movie. We didn't have any headphones so thank you super hearing. At some point during the movie I must have fallen asleep because I woke up to him nudging my arm.

"Welcome back." He smiled. "We're here."

"Oh ok." I realized my head was on his shoulder. "Oh god sorry." He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why are you sorry?" I stared at him. "Because you fell asleep on my shoulder?" I nodded blushing. "Don't be sorry you're fine. I... I didn't mind."

Getting out of the airport we took a bus to a car dealership and rented a blue Jeep Wrangler and started our drive to the lake house.

"So I have clothes in the house you can use. My sister keeps her clothes there so she doesn't have to pack as much when we vacation here. You're pretty much the same height as her; so they should fit you. I do the same so we should be all good. I'm not positive about the food situation though."

"Oh ok thank you. Wait, you have a sister?"

"Yeah I have two. Her name's Misty; she's the middle child. I call her Missy."

"That's a beautiful name."

"Yeah. I was 2 when she was born. My parents couldn't decide on a name. So they asked me and I said Misty."

"That's adorable." He blushed. "So is it fun having a 17 year old sister?"

"Yeah. We have our squabbles but we get along. I let her play Xbox, I threaten her boyfriend's, I protect her, you know normal big brother little sister stuff."

"And your other sister?"

"Then there's Taylor; she's the youngest. She's 9. I nicknamed her Tay-tay. She's scary good at Call Of Duty. Do you have any siblings?"

"I wish. I've always wanted a younger sibling." I said. Marcus perched up.

"Oh we're here."

The lake house was big and the definition of beautiful. The whole area was like a picture. The bright green leaves, the bright blooming flowers, and the crystal clear water screamed natural beauty. I heard Marcus start cackling with laughter.

"You good?" He said in between laughing.

"It's like I'm in a fairytale." He laughed harder.

"Come on." He said taking my hand guiding me into the house. The house was pretty much a cabin mansion. It was so big. After he gave me the grand tour I was in complete awe.

"And this is Misty's room or...well your room too seeing that you're gonna be sleeping here." The room was huge. It had a walk-in closet, balcony, private bathroom, flat screen and queen bed. The walls were painted aquamarine with a matching bedspread.

"Oh my god. This room is awesome. I've never had a room this big." Marcus chuckled.

"I'll let you get settled in clothes that are already in the closet. Um if you need anything I'm in the kitchen looking for food."

"Oh ok thank you."

"Of course." He smiled.