Chapter 9 ~ "I Found The Door."

After Marcus made the front door we got into different workout clothes and met outside to train.

"Let's try using our telekinesis while fighting okay?"

"Ok." I agreed.

After doing stretches and a few practice runs we took a small break and then got back to training. As we fought, sudden movement in the corner of my eye took me off guard. I looked around only to realize it was a bird. Oh, okay it was just a bird. Nevermind. I thought.

"Wait what happened?" Marcus asked.

"Nothing, it's all good." I said turning back to him.

As I was distracted Marcus took advantage and lifted me up and flung me towards the lake.

"Marcus!" I screamed as I flew into the lake. However instead of hitting the water I landed on something hard.

"Nicky!" He yelled running to the lake. "Nicky! Nicky are you okay?!" I groaned.

"I found the door." Marcus laughed.

"Stay still." He said using his telekinesis to bring me back to the shore. "I am so sorry. I thought you were ready."

"No." I groaned again as I got up. "I should have been prepared."

"I think that's enough training for today."

"Good call." I rubbed my back.

When we got inside I immediately went to my room and took a shower and got in my pj's and oversized sweatshirt, then made my way downstairs. When I reached the last step I was greeted with the smell of beef and pasta sauce. My mouth began to water when another smell took over the beef and sauce. The smell of flour and sugar radiated around the room along with the smell of baking chocolate, caramel and sea salt.

"Oh! Hi. How's your back?"

"It's better. But what's this? How did you get all this done so fast? I was only in the shower for like 25 minutes."

"I have to say I love telekinesis! I love it!" He exclaimed. I laughed.

After we ate and cleaned up the kitchen we sat down and watched the movie IT. And for half the movie my face was buried into Marcus's neck.

"You really don't like clowns do you?" He asked.

"I hate them so much they terrify me." I whined.

"Well the movie's over now. So no need to worry." He said getting up and turning off the TV. "We should get to bed." I started to get up.

That night I had another nightmare. After Marcus calmed me down he ran to his room and grabbed his phone and then came back. As he got under the covers and cuddled up next to him. Warmth radiated off of him; reaching over he turned off the lamp and wrapped his arms around me and rested his head on top of mine. 

In his arms I relished the safe comforting feeling that nothing bad's gonna happen.

"Thank you." I mumbled. He furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head slightly. I looked at him. "For everything." He kisses my forehead.

"Of course." He held me tighter. "I'm not gonna let anything happen to you." And slowly sleep took over.