Chapter 12 ~ Finale

When I came to I felt solid rock beneath me. Slowly I began to sit up. Panic flooded my system when I realized I wasn't in the house. Scanning my surroundings I came across a familiar shape lying motionless.

"Marcus!" running over to him I rolled him into my lap. "Marcus wake up!"

"I'm alright." he groaned.

"We have to stop him, he's... he's gonna kill everyone." Marcus sat up.

"It's time to burn children." We jumped to our feet facing Alastor. "And you're first." And with that he lunged toward us. His fist shot out toward Marcus; Marcus dogged the punch and round-house kicked Alastor in the side of his head sending his flying through the air. As he was recovering I used that as an opportunity to use my telekinesis to break off a giant piece of rock and dropped it on him. However the giant piece of rock was thrown back at me. I stopped it just before it hit me but then the rock exploded into pieces and suddenly Alastors fist made contact with my nose breaking it and sending me flying. Marcus went to attack him from behind but before he could make contact with Alastor, his wrist was grabbed and he was thrown towards me.

"We can't beat him." I said. "He's too powerful. We don't stand a chance."

"Maybe not apart but maybe together. What if we try to combine our powers?"

"That could work. Let's do it." As we got up we stood back to back and focused on becoming one.

As we stood back to back the feeling of strength and hope was ripped away. And I noticed we were flying. Our calm feeling slowly and painfully melted away leaving nothing but searing pain. I could feel my blood boiling. I could feel us becoming one. I heard his thoughts. Dragon. Think of a dragon. Together we focused as hard as we could until the pain was unbearable and we couldn't hold it in anymore. Squeezing our eyes closed we screamed out in agony.

"No!" Alastor screamed. We were now side by side holding hands.

We opened our eyes to see the 2 dragons before us. The one to the left of us was blue like water except looked...on fire. The one to the right of us was red and actually was on fire. We held your hands still intertwined together and the dragons charged forward attacking the person standing in front of us. The person tried to fight them off but he failed. And in a burst of light he turned to ash as the red and blue dragon crashed through him. The dragons then retreated back to us. It was like we were absorbing them; pain rippled through our bodies. The dragons were gone but not completely. I could feel one moving within me, I could feel it's power.

"Nicky!" Marcus yelled.

The sudden realization of falling hit me. But not before the ground did. As I hit the ground there was a pop and then a wave of pain starting at my wrist and rippling through my body. Marcus struggled to get to me to make sure I was okay. Again I could hear his thoughts. Are you okay? I can't get to you. I'm... I'm too weak. I responded out loud,

"I'm...fine...I think...I think my wrist is broken." My voice was breaking as I held back tears. I reached my arm out towards him. You know if you reach your arm out I could heal you. I thought. Heal yourself first then me. He retorted.

After I healed myself Marcus reached his arm out so I could heal him. We laid there for a moment before getting up and trying to find the exit. As we looked around I noticed where we were.

"We're in a...cave? Ha! Typical bad guy layer." Marcus and I laughed.

"Let's get outta here." He interlocked our fingers and looked into my eyes. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach and cheeks turn pink. He smirked and thought; Focus. Obeying I returned his gaze and took a deep breath. I could hear the river flowing, the trees moving in the wind, the birds tweeting high in the sky, and the sound of cars in the distance.

"Forest." Marcus looked at me with a confused expression. "We're in a forest."

"Of all the places." he shook his head. "God this is so cliche. Let's get out of here." He said and began walking forward. Towards freedom and a world that was ours to protect.

"So about that date..." I started.

*Thank you so much for reading I hope you enjoyed!*