Chapter 7 ~ Tickle Attack

When I woke up I was expecting him to be gone but he wasn't. He was wide awake and on his phone; and instead of being in a different position from when we fell asleep it looked like we never even moved.

"Morning Darling." I smiled and blushed.

"Morning Marky." He looked under his phone and raised an eyebrow.

"That's new."

"Well so is the 'Darling' but you don't hear me complaining." I said sitting up. He placed his phone on his chest and looked at me.

"No I don't. Because you like it when I call you that don't you?" I quickly looked away blushing. "Ah-Ha! I was right!" I poked him in the side and with the most offended look on his face he got up. "Oh so that's how you want to play it huh." He grabbed me and started tickling me. 

Scrambling away as fast as I could and ran downstairs. "Hey! And just where do you think you're going!?" He yelled chasing after me.

After running around the island in the kitchen a few times I ran over to the couch, which he swiftly jumped over tackling me onto the couch. We both began laughing.

"God I love that laugh." A shock of embarrassment stuck across his face realizing he said that out loud.

"The feeling is mutual." I said seizing my opportunity to retaliate and tickle him back. He started laughing hysterically.

Not soon after the tickle attack we got breakfast. Marcus made two bowls of Captain crunch and slid the bowl over to me.

"Here you are m'lady" I giggled. "After we eat how about we try to figure out our powers?"

"Sounds good."

When we finished our cereal we got into work out clothes and went outside. I wore a grey tank top with black leggings and sneakers. When Marcus came out I was already there stretching. He wore a white t-shirt and grey sweatpants. At first we practiced hand to hand combat and failed.

"Okay this is not working...at all." He said, pulling out his phone. "Okay we have telekinesis, telepathy, super hearing, healing, creating things out of thin air, and a psychological connection with their partner. So let's start with telekinesis." He put a pen in front of me. "Take your time and try to move it." I nodded my head and focused. Nothing. "Okay, I know it's a movie but in every movie they say the same thing. Picture the pen moving and hold onto that." I rolled my eyes.

"Nerd." I joked.

"Dork."

"You replied way too quickly with that." He laughed.

"Focus." I pictured the pen slowly turning. I turned my hand as if the pen was in my hand and opened my eyes. It moved. Marcus did the same and it moved.

We did this over and over with different objects either heavier or lighter; bigger or smaller. We even moved each other which really hurt because at one point we were watching a funny comedian and tried to keep focus. I dropped him a few times and he dropped me and all that fun stuff. We kept going until the sun started to set. As we started walking into the house something rustled in the bushes.

"Did you hear that?" I asked Marcus, looking behind me. He pursed his lips into a straight line narrowing his eyes as he looked around but then looked at me.

"Get in the house." For a second I didn't move. I was still looking around. I could feel unknown eyes watching us. Marcus grabbed my hand and led me into the house. "Go around and lock all the doors and windows." We ran around the house locking all the doors and windows. And then regrouped in the kitchen.

"Done." He said,

"Done." I replied.